Author Topic: H&R Survey  (Read 7663 times)

Offline hazey

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: H&R Survey
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2005, 03:23:22 AM »
Survey Questions

1. Are you a recent or long-term H&R owner?
I am a brand new gun owner/gun hunter, and NEF was my choice.  Marlin was my second choice.

2.What were the main reasons that you chose to buy the H&R product over another competitor?
(a) Price, and versatility.  The barrel xchange program will allow me to grow with my firearm rather than replace it at increasing incurred expenses.
(b) Quality... largely influenced by this forum and reviews elsewhere online and in hunting/firearms media.
(c) American Made.  Even more specifically "New England Made".  Happen to be a Mass native and believe in the buy locally philosophy when ever possible.
(d) Single shot philosophy.  As a bowhunter converting to a gun hunter I feel one shot is all I should need.  If I am not confident in my shot, then I have no business making it.

What specifically about the H&R products do you like or not like?
I think the versatility was my biggest draw.  As others mentioned, it would be great if one could purchase a barrel fitted to a certain receiver based on the serial # instead of sending the gun back.  In addition, if the turn-around time in getting new barrels was quicker instead of 1-1.5 months.

What types of products do you wish H&R made?
A 28 guage shotgun barrel with interchangeable chokes. Also, free PDF files of all firearm owners manuals that could be downloaded from the website would be very useful.

Are there any accessories, if offered by H&R, that you would purchase?
I plan on purchasing a 12 guage barrel and a 28 guage barrel... down the line who knows what else.

If you were offered to purchase a share or shares of the company, would you?
Not at this time.  Too young and broke to play the market :) .

Thanks for listening, and good luck :D

Offline sherppa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
H&R Survey
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2005, 04:20:21 PM »
Just a short comment, if memory serves me right I carried a H&R M16A1 while oversees, (that would be a few years ago).  Good weapon!  Has H&R put any thought into getting back into the military side firearms?    

Survey Questions

1) Recent H&R Owner

2) Price, Function, Barrel Changeabilty.  

3) No Complaints

4) Would like to see H&R bring back the Model 700, 22 Mag or something comparable.  

5)  Would like to see a custom shop and the ability to change barrels without having to send the receiver to the factory.

6)  Yes, if some of the changes that have been suggested were acted on.

If I may make a suggestion, it would be to continue to monitor this site.  This is you best chance to get a true feel for interests and concerns.