Author Topic: North American Arms guardian in 380acp and 32acp  (Read 1107 times)

Offline hogship

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
North American Arms guardian in 380acp and 32acp
« on: October 18, 2005, 11:49:59 AM »
Does anyone have either one of these two pocket pistols?

I looked at them both a couple weeks ago and still have some interest.

Any comments you offer from first hand experience will be appreciated.....especially if they have been reliable.

Do you shoot other than silvertips in the 32acp Guardian?

How do you carry?

Your likes and dislikes about them.....?

thanks

hog

This is the 380, the 32 is slightly smaller.....
Great, great, great, great, great grandson of a Revolutionary War Veteran.

--> Bill of RIGHTS, not bill of NEEDS <--

Visit my photo album, Vietnam 1968-69 at: http://www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha

Offline Jim101

• Avid Poster
North American Arms guardian in 380acp and
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 02:47:20 AM »
I have an NAA Mini-Mag that I really like, good quality guns....But, if you have large hands they will "bite", so make sure you can at least dry fire it...For my pocket .32 I bought a Kel-Tec for ~$200 at a Gun Show..Great gun out of the box and doesn't weigh near as much as the NAA..
Just my opinion,

Jim
Hi-Point 9mm

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 05:59:22 AM »
The Mrs carries the .32 model ...
... nice compact size and all-steel contruction to help absorb the recoil.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline RollTide

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 05:15:15 PM »
I have carried a NAA 32acp for years.  With Silver Tips and with multiple shots, it is probably as effective as a 38 snubby or the 380 in most cases.  I really like the Kel-Tec for carry, but not for shooting.  Although some have no problems at all, many have rim lock problems withthe KT's, too many.  I have 2 NAA 32acp's.  They are great guns, absolutely reliable and surprisingly accurate for such a little gun.  I can usually keep all shots on a pie plate out to 30 yards.  For a pistol that disappears in dress pants pocket, I think that is tremendous.  Customer service from NAA is also the best I have ever encountered.  You can'y go wrong with either the 380 or the 32.  I figure that both the 380 and 32 are mandatory multiple shot options for defense, and since I can fire the 32 faster and more accurately, that is why I own and carry the 32.I carry gun in strong side front pocket, and 2 or 4 spare mags in my weak side back pocket.

Works for me.

Roll Tide, ROLL

Offline hogship

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 02:04:41 AM »
Thanks for the responses, Gentlemen......

I thought about this and weighed the pros and cons of the 32 vs 380. and Kel-tec vs NAA. There were other tiny pistols in the running, too.

The 380 is the better cartridge for the job, but the size and weight issues made me get the 32acp.

I thought about the Kel-tec, and the weight of it was very appealing, but have heard of its plastic trigger breaking. The difference in cost between the Kel-tec and NAA 32acp was about $200 vs $300.....not enough to consider it on price alone.

The weight difference between the Kel-tec and NAA32 is about 7oz. Kel-tec is 6.6oz, and NAA32 is 13.5oz. Although that sounds like a substantial difference, the 7oz difference isn't a whole lot to consider.

The Rohrbaugh 9mm was too expensive.

The Seecamp 380 was too expensive.

Beretta Tomcat was too big.

Kahr PM9 was too big.

Walther PPKS was too big.

Seecamp 32acp has a magazine safety. (I already have an older Seecamp in 25acp.) It's a fine little pistol, but that magazine safety and cost were factors in my not getting another one.

NAA mini mag revolver is difficult to hold and there are less carry options for it. Also, I've heard of pocket lint jamming this little revolver. ( I purchased one of these in 22mag, even so, and a holster that ought to solve the problems of how to carry and pocket lint.)

hog

Visit my photo album, Vietnam 1968-69 at: http://www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha

Offline hogship

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 02:15:02 AM »
The one thing that really bugged me about the NAA 32acp, is the lack of crown at the muzzle. It just looked cheesy and cheap. I'm surprised NAA doesn't do this, because it's fast and easy to do with the proper production jig.

I have access to a vertical mill at work, so I did my own! Looks much better now.....and has that look of quality.

hog

Offline hogship

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 02:22:15 AM »
I purchased these two holsters for the NAA 32acp and mini revolver. They are called "convertable" holsters and by removing or installing the backing the firearm can be carried as a front pocket holster, or a wallet holster.

hog

The top photo is actually the 380, but the 32acp version is identical to it.

Offline RollTide

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 07:01:26 PM »
great gun and great holsters.  I think you will be pleased.  I was so pleased with mine, I now have 2 NAA 32's.

Roll Tide, Roll

Offline Jim101

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 07:24:40 AM »
I ended up with a Kel-Tec .32..For as much as I liked the NAA, it ate the web of my hand and was "heavy" for a pocket carry.......

Jim
Hi-Point 9mm

Offline sherpa

pocket pistols
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 03:41:26 PM »
KEL-TEC 380 much lighter ... i love mine...
IF I HAD KNOWN I WAS GOING TO LIVE THIS LONG I WOULD HAVE TAKEN BETTER CARE OF MYSELF.