Author Topic: Tiny 5 shots  (Read 963 times)

Offline Ghostrider_23

• Trade Count: (0)
Tiny 5 shots
« on: March 04, 2006, 03:01:30 AM »
:-D  After much testing I think I have found a winner! CCI makes a rimfire bullet called the Velocitor (Speer Gold Dot HP) with 30% more energy than any other rimfire. Some of you may wonder why I wanted to know and the answer is North American Arms makes a tiny 5 shot revolver that can be fitted into a belt buckle. What does that mean well gentlemen, sometimes we don't always have the right temperature or cloths to carry our hand bazookas around but we all probaly wear a belt. If my tiny 5 shot 22 lr equal to a 22 mag. is with me I'm not so defenseless after all. I'd rather have a 22lr than a stick or rock. Just food for the thinking. If your interested check them out. Go to NAA accessories and then custom carry product item BBL. Not the the stopping power but not a bad choice either. And they are every accurate too. What do you think let me know. Is this your next purchase could you see yourself with this?? I can and just wanted to pass it along.

Offline 257 roberts

• Avid Poster
Tiny 5 shots
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 03:17:16 PM »
I had a Freedom Arms 5-shot 22mag
the recoil was BAD!!!  I couldn't hit anything past 8-10 feet
sold it to a LEO.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Tiny 5 shots
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 01:40:52 AM »
In my front pocket sits a NAA 22 Mag 24/7. Even when I am carrying my Colt Defender 45ACP.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Savage

Tiny 5 shots
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 01:48:34 AM »
The pistol buckle has been with us for years. Not very pratical IMO. It does not meet concealment requirements, unless an overgarment is worn to cover the buckle. In that case you could just as easily conceal a much larger more effective gun in a belt holster. The NAA minis are well built, quality little revolvers. The only niche I see for these is in the pocket pistol role. Even then, there are much better pistols in more effective calibers, that are just a pocketable. As a novelty shooter the little minis are great
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Ghostrider_23

excuss me
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 05:57:05 AM »
:money: savage do you carry your bazooka everyday at all times?? I wear my belt everyday all the time and 257 roberts I am using a 22 lr not 22 mag, I had a Derringer in 22 mag and the recoil was alot

Offline rockbilly

Tiny 5 shots
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 06:43:32 AM »
:D Bottom line, it beats a sharpe stick, but I sure hate the thought of being caught in a gun fight with only a .22.  There are too many larger calibers on the market today that are not much larger than the NAAs. :roll:

Offline Savage

Tiny 5 shots
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 06:53:03 AM »
Ghostrider,
I have carried the NAA mini in 22mag. Had it not been for the kel tecs, first in 32, then 380, I would probably still have one in my pocket. Now days I carry my P-3AT all my waking hours. This is frequently as backup to my duty pistol or a primary concealed weapon. As I write this, the 380 is in the pocket of my robe, and something bigger is always close. The 380 is frequently the only gun I carry when I am not working. It's not much, but for my money about the best available in a pocket pistol.
Savage

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Tiny 5 shots
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 11:30:35 AM »
Quote from: Savage
As a novelty shooter the little minis are great
Savage

I don't understand this statement?? :?

I carry mine in the clip holster, I know for a fact I would not want to get shot by this little 22 Mag.  :eek:
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Savage

Tiny 5 shots
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 12:00:29 PM »
Redhawk,
I don't care to be shot with one of the little buggers either! :lol:
By novelty shooter, I mean using the gun for a purpose for which it was not intended, such as range trips when a friend and I emptied our minis at a standard IDPA target at 75yds. Hits were improvable, but darn close! We always end our range sessions by shooting our pocket guns dry and reloading with fresh ammo. My friend still carries his mini, I now carry a P-3AT. If the minis fit your needs for a pocket pistol, great! It's better than harsh words.
Savage

Offline cvixx

mini?
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 12:57:48 PM »
Are you carrying this with a CCW?  Anything over it such as a jacket or?  I think many people on the streets realize this is a real pistol and will act accordingly, as will a cop who sees it.

Offline Savage

Tiny 5 shots
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 01:29:29 PM »
cvixx,
I mentioned an overshirt in a previous post in this thread. For sure, need to keep it covered for the reasons you pointed out. Also it wouldn't hurt to check the federal law on the buckle gun. Could be mistaken, but it may fall under the "Any Other" device specifically outlawed like the High Standard derringer in the wallet holster.
Savage

Offline cvixx

mini on belt
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 03:57:47 AM »
I would imagine that if you had a CCW license, carrying it in its buckle 'holster' would be legal as carrying it in any other holster.  In fact, in those states like Arizona that allow for legal 'non-concealed' carry it should be OK without the overshirt (which I missed in your post).

Offline Ghostrider_23

I love mine
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 02:28:04 PM »
I have to wear a shirt over my pants. It' s HOT 8) where I live so shorts and a t-shirt are common. I carry my NAA in the belt buckle and yes it's legal if you have your CCW and my P-32 in the back pocket, stapped to my side is my new PM 9 Kahr :blaster: Strapped and fully loaded. Nice to see others like this wonderful little gun. :grin: