Author Topic: Please..help me find it...  (Read 394 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Please..help me find it...
« on: November 14, 2005, 07:36:02 PM »
In a discussion with my younger (and much more liberal) brother, I mentioned an incident that occurred during those disgusting anti- war, anti-American protests of the "sickening sixties".
    Here's what I can recall:

There was a formation of Marines marching in a parade... I believe in Texas, perhaps Houston..
  The "rabid rottens" that were rioting in the streets at that time decided that it was a good time to curse, throw things at and spit upon  the Marines that were of course, marching in formation.
  After taking some of this abuse, the Marine commander halted his troops, gave them a "left face" and dismissed them..
  Needless to say, there were many of that rabble that were soon hurting.

The ghastly thing as I recall it, was that some judge prosecuted that Marine commander for dismissing his troops, not allowing them to suffer the indignities they were being subjected to.

Do any of you recall the particulars of that incident..who,  what, when, where etc. ?

Can any of you guys point out a place on the web where I can get any information on this incident ...so I can prove it to my lib brother..

Such would be appreciated..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Shorty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 02:46:58 PM »
Ironglow,
I remember Kent State and the D.C. demonstrations, but sure don't remember that one.  'Pretty sure I would since that was just yesterday. :wink:
I did have a friend in a Ranger ROTC unit who said he was going down to the peace parade.  Asked "Why?" he said, "To bust some heads!"   :shock:  :lol:

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 10:35:58 PM »
I cannot remember it being in Houston or reading about in Texas--but then I CRS.
There has been only one incident in Houston that I can remember and that was in the 70's. It involved some folks that started a riot on the East end.
I know that does not help and. well, I am now wondering why I posted that information.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD