Author Topic: Scents and things to attract deer  (Read 425 times)

Offline Brian T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Scents and things to attract deer
« on: November 14, 2005, 04:50:46 PM »
What sort of scents or other stuff to attract deer have you used with success?

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Scents and things to attract deer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 12:56:52 PM »
I just tried "Come-ere-Deer" (sp?) and had a spike walk right up to check it out.  He spent about 15-20 seconds sniffing and then skeetered out of the lane.  No shot, but a good testomony for the product.  I got 2 onces of the product LAST YEAR (2004) from a Game Manager and it sat until now in a bag in the tool box of my truck.  If it can cause an inexperienced buck to sniff after one year, perhaps a new gallon would bring in a big one or two.  It might be worth the $25.00 dollars to at least try - and I don't work for them...

I have tried Tink's Golden Estrus and Tarsel Gland scents without success.  This lack of success could also be attributable to a.) no deer in the immediate vicinity; b.) primarily nocturnal deer; c.) inexperience of the hunter; d.) insufficient attempts at giving the scent an oppotrunity to perform (without success there is no reason to continue to try). e.) others.

I think scents work.  Based on a statistically insignificant population of one - I can attest that "Come-ere-Deer" worked - once and immediately.  I am willing to try it again.  This time to actually spend hard earned money for that opportunity.  Go figure.  The lengths we will go - deer piss - to try to lure a shooter into range.  Well I never...but I'd like to.