Author Topic: good start for okla. deer season  (Read 307 times)

Offline robin-hood-90

• Trade Count: (0)
good start for okla. deer season
« on: November 19, 2005, 03:56:19 AM »
hey everybody,

went out this morning, first day of oklahoma deer gun season, shot a doe, dressed out 90lbs. shot her with a 95 grain ballistic tip out of my .243. she was 200 yards away, hit her a little too far back, didnt allow for the north wind. she ran about 65 yards and layed down, she looked like she was gonna get up, so my dad (broken-arrow) finished her off with his .270 with a neck shot at 25 yards.

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 04:29:08 AM »
I passed on a nice doe and a buck with a broken antler here in northern Oklahoma. Already have deer in freezer from black powder season. Was using my Handi 7-08, would have been an easy shot (70 yards) but was wondering where the buck was that broke the  antler off the young buck, which was limping also. Will use my 15" Encore 7-08 this pm and if I see the doe , will take her with it.

Offline robin-hood-90

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 04:33:46 PM »
:grin: Got this big boy this evening. Would have rather shot him with my bow , but its all good. This is the biggest bodied deer i've ever taken. He has a 29" neck!   I mis-judged the range and dropped him with a spine shot at about 275 yards. ( left my rangefinder in the truck) The good old .270 Winchester, 130 gr. ballistic tip has never let me down.

[/img][/img]