Author Topic: Picture Posting  (Read 2786 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Picture Posting
« on: April 28, 2005, 08:35:56 AM »
Since this subject comes up a lot, maybe this could be made a sticky to help everyone. Posting pics is as easy as going to http://photobucket.com/register.php and registering, then log in, hit the browse button, find the pic on your PC, select it by clicking it, then hit the submit button, the pic will show up in your album, you can also select multiple pics. Under the pic in your album are 3 boxes, click in the IMG box to highlight it then right-click it and choose COPY, then open another window and go to GBO to create a post, enter your text. In the location where you want the pic embedded, right-click and choose PASTE, hit the preview button and see how big the pic is, if it's too big, go to the Photobucket window, above each pic is an EDIT button, hit it and then select 75% of original and RESIZE button. Then look at the GBO page after you refresh it, the pic will be reduced some, if it's not enough, resize 75% again and repeat until it fits ok. I choose the 75% of original because that's the least you can resize and after a resize, it can't be reversed.
 You can also use photo editing on your PC but it varies with web site how it displays, so I usually make my photos about 9x12 and then resize to suit the web site.

Hope this helps,

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Picture Posting
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 11:04:52 AM »
Thank you both :-D
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline nipprdog

• Avid Poster
Picture Posting
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 01:10:20 PM »

heres a pic I used in another forum to help explain which address to copy.

:D

Offline DPRinks

• Avid Poster
Pictures
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 06:26:43 PM »
I have been able to post pictures directly from "My Pictures "on 6 other sites, I have tried everything recommended to me by anyone on Graybeard for 3 weeks, I cannot post here, either there is something missing on my computer or the software here is really unlike any of the other sites I have been on.
I give up!
Don
D. Rinks

Offline nipprdog

• Avid Poster
Re: Pictures
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 12:56:18 AM »
Quote from: DPRinks
I have been able to post pictures directly from "My Pictures "on 6 other sites, I have tried everything recommended to me by anyone on Graybeard for 3 weeks, I cannot post here, either there is something missing on my computer or the software here is really unlike any of the other sites I have been on.
I give up!
Don

thats because those 6 sites allow pics to posted as 'attatchments'. simply put, you're transfering a copy of your pic to the site's sever, and they store it. it takes a lot of hard drive space for a site to be able to do that.

other sites, like GB and many others, you must host your pics on another site, and link them to have them displayed.

open up a FREE account at Photo bucket, and follow quickdtoo's instructions, then you will be good to go. :wink:

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Picture Posting
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 05:14:25 AM »
Don's PC is missing the clipboard so he can't copy and paste.....I've exhausted easy fixes for him, if anyone knows a fix that a PC layperson can handle without manual registry entries, please help.....thx

Tim

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Picture Posting
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 04:47:43 PM »
It also helps to be sure you have formatted your pics to the jpeg format before adding them to your album. You can open the pic with Paint on your comp, then choose "save as" from the "file" drop down and save it in the jpeg format from the drop down (bottom slot) that will appear after you choose "save as".
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Picture Posting
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 08:07:10 AM »
Make sure when you register to check "no" on all the spam offers on the second page. If you're running good anti-spyware programs and pop-up blockers, you won't get any pop-ups.  I run the Google tool bar which incorporates a pop-up blocker that works well. It's free, too. I also have a good firewall which prevents a lot of nasties. I've referred hundreds of folks to Photobucket and you're the first to mention a problem, so I'd say you missed a step during registration or your browser settings need some changes. There's a thread at RFC right now about Hunt101 problems and a user switching to Photobucket with no problems..... :wink:

Tim

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
Picture Posting
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 02:08:40 AM »
Hey Quick

I found a better photo provider still that would be much better for band width at Image Shack

This allows for thumbnailing pics on the forum that don't take up much space.  Here is an example of the Flathead Valley in winter, where I live here in NW Montana.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Picture Posting
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 06:05:35 AM »
Interesting, it's nice to have options. How long have you been using it? The reason I ask is cuz I've used several and every one of em with the exception of Photobucket have had server issues, I've never, ever had any problems with Photobucket, so I stick with em.

Hunt101 is back online with a lot of happy users at RFC, they still don't have previous albums restored, but are accepting new ones....FWIW.

Thanks,

Tim

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
Picture Posting
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 02:12:40 AM »
Tim

Hunt101 is fine, if you want to leave the pic uploaded.  What I like about Image Shack is that I can delete my uploaded pics should I desire later on.  I like the thumbnails that I can use on forum boards, and I WISH more posters would find this because there is nothing like opening a thread to see a bigger than life pic, of what they want everyone to see.

The real nice thing is, we just got a new Sony digital camera  8)

Offline nipprdog

• Avid Poster
Picture Posting
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 02:17:03 PM »
thumbnail links can be done with photobucket, also.  :wink:

1: Check the little box right under the pic you want.
2: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
3. Click on "Generate HTML and IMG code".
4. On next page (screen) scroll down to "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended". Place cursor at the beginning and click left mouse.
5. This will highlight it in blue.
6. Go to edit and click on copy.
7. Open up another browser and start your thread.
8. Go back to edit and click on paste. It will place it wherever the cursor is.
9. Preview your thread and you will see the pic (pics)

Offline coyotyl

picture posting
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 02:40:32 PM »
Try:

http://tinypic.com/

It works for me and like they promise the url is always tiny.

CB 8)