Author Topic: New Walnut Hill and dies?  (Read 838 times)

Offline hunter280man

• Trade Count: (0)
New Walnut Hill and dies?
« on: December 18, 2003, 03:44:27 AM »
Hi everyone...been hunting a tad lately.  

I just fell into some extra money and I was thinking of investing in a new walnut hill press and dies with several different tips and bases for solid lead .451 cal bullets.

Any advise on what to look for or ask about...Right now I only have corbins S equipment and am not sure what to ask for from Rich.

I'm thinking of a rbt and a scraper base  punch along with the hp and a 1-E round nose and a flattened meplate.   Should I look into the shoulderless?  How about the sabre desighn?  

Any info from you old-timers would be appreciated.
The older I get the better I was!

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
New Walnut Hill and dies?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 05:35:33 AM »
RCE will make 'S' dies for you... for just about anything you can dream up, for a VERY favorable price. Waiting time is about the same as for Corbn Company. For pistol bullets I'd go with Base Guards and Flat Base, and forget about the saber nose (in lead only). That punch is expensive to produce, and while makes wicked looking bullets, is no more effective that your large FN types. As long as you are going lead only, a WH press in addition to your 'S' press is guilding the lilly. However, if you are considering jacketed bullets, the larger WH dies provide a larger margin of error in the pressure area. You will, of course, have to get the 'S' and 'M' die add-on component (very reasonable)  to be able to use your current Corbin tooling in the WH system.8)