Author Topic: Red dot warm up?  (Read 469 times)

Offline coop2564

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Red dot warm up?
« on: March 06, 2007, 01:08:59 PM »
I'm using my 1st red dot and its a Bushnell trophy Multi ret on a 416 Taurus 41 rem mag.  The last 2 shooting sessions I shot to the rt about 6'' 1st shot and maybe 3'' 2nd and then I was back on line.  Both times I turned it on aimed and shot maybe taking 20 seconds, then cocked and shot again maybe another 20 seconds by 3rd shot it hit on. I'm not sure if its taking the scope a min to warm up or if I'm needing a shot or two to get my grip and all back on track the way I sighted in. Have any of you ever noticed the red dots needing any warm up time?  And when hunting do you turn your sight on when you get to your stand or start your hunt or just when you see game? I use a lot of electronic test equipment in my work and we definitly have to let some of the equipment warm up before starting a test not long usually a minute or two. Just curious as to what you have learned with your red dots!
Browning Illusion Bow
Omega Thumbhole .50_NEF Huntsman .50
Knight KP1 .243_Custom Rem 700 .308_Browning Safari Bar .300 WSM, Ruger No.1 30-06
Taurus .41 rem mag Raging Bull_S&W M&P 40C_Browning BuckMark .22_Savage 93R .17HMR

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: Red dot warm up?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 01:20:41 AM »
My Ultra dots are right on for the beginning. I have never had to let them warm up.

Does your dot appear to move when you move your head in different directions? If so that my be your problem.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline coop2564

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:40:33 AM »
The dot appears to stay on target when I move my head and like I said could be my shooting those 1st few shots.  But my groups were so good after those 1st two shots it made me wonder.
Browning Illusion Bow
Omega Thumbhole .50_NEF Huntsman .50
Knight KP1 .243_Custom Rem 700 .308_Browning Safari Bar .300 WSM, Ruger No.1 30-06
Taurus .41 rem mag Raging Bull_S&W M&P 40C_Browning BuckMark .22_Savage 93R .17HMR

Offline jgalar

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:46:03 AM »
The only red-dot sight I own is a cheap BSA mounted on a POS Remington 597 which doesn't deserve anything better - There isn't any warmup period such as you describe on mine.