Author Topic: Feral pig hunt  (Read 636 times)

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Feral pig hunt
« on: December 01, 2005, 03:20:27 PM »
Went down to North Carolina for the Thanks Giving Holiday.  My cousin had called and told me about the feral hog problem he was having on his peanut fram just north of Greeansville.  So being the good cousin I am I call my daughter and brother and told them we needed to go help our cousin and hunt some pigs.  My bother flew in from Houston and my daughter and your BF drove up from Fla.  We hunted the back side of the farm all weekend. By  the end of the wekend we killed 5 pigs.  My daughter took the biggest pig weighting in at 192 lbs.  The others were in the 130-140 range.  All but one was killed with either my tracker 12ga or tracker 20 ga. The last pig (mine) was taken with my Remington 1858 buffalo cap and ball  black powder pistol at about 50 ft.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline RemingtonMagnum

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
fun
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 04:47:52 PM »
Hi Friends

Congratulation on all the fun and family gathering. I have dreamed of doing a hunt like that for some time. Glad you had a fantastic holiday. Sounds like something to be remembered for a life time.

Don Jackson Remington Magnum

Offline Critter

• Contributor
Feral pig hunt
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 02:04:15 AM »
Thats a awesome way to spend the holiday!  Good hunting, good friends and family all sharing in our heritage.  I salute you sir.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Feral pig hunt
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 08:49:17 AM »
Dave that does sound like a great time. Wish I had a hunt like that but all I had was basically a really long walk with my truck gun. Its the first time I've had it out. Man what a great gun to take a long walk with. It's basically a nickle 12ga survivor with a regular synthectic stock. I shot a handful of hand tossed clays and shot my new 44 mag encore barrel a few times.  It was good to get out and I walked some parts of my property that I hadn't been on in years.I got a buddy in Florida that says I need to come down and pig hunt with him. I'm gonna be down there for a convention in Feb.for a few days probably won't have time for any hunting though.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline unclecheech

Feral pig hunt
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 12:52:23 AM »
Maybe on your next hunt for the feral pigs you will be able to get "Hogzilla II" . :) Just kidding. sounds like fun. The next property down the road from me has a goat problem. But the difference is he doesn't care.
"Yeah, tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Feral pig hunt
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 01:14:36 PM »
Very good Dave.

Sounds like a great time with the family.

Congrats of baggin' some bacon.

EVOC ONE