Author Topic: Life just got better  (Read 490 times)

Offline wolfsong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Life just got better
« on: November 30, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »
It's been a tough time. I had to eat two deer tags this year, spent a small fortune, used all my vacation/holiday time (and some sick time - had "buck fever" and anal glaucoma - just couldn't see my a$$ going to work :wink:), beat up my new truck, alternated between sweating and freezing and still could not scare up a legal deer. So, been planning a bear hunt over hounds, all set to go last weekend and -  more truck  problems with my hunting rig!  Hunt had to be rescheduled. And I work in a women's prison so every day is new and unusual, need I say more... Then, last night my step daughter let some yahoo "test drive" a Blazer that I was in the process of selling to her (she was going to sell it herself to make herself a profit). The problem is she hadn't paid me yet, it's still registered in MY name, the registration is non-opped, no current tags, not insured and not hers to sell.  Yep - you guessed it! This yahoo wrecked the Blazer! Then I overslept this morning and was late for work. But all is well! A good friend of mine came home from his annual Colorado  elk hunt and dropped off about 25 pounds of elk meat and sausage tonight! My world is back in balance now!  There I was, sweating the small stuff, and now I'll be feasting on fresh elk. Life is good. Almost makes me feel bad for whupping that yahoo's a$$ last night and making my step daughter cry. O.K. I didn't really whup his a$$ but I sure wanted to. However, my step daughter was in tears, but I can live with that. And I'm not sharing my elk meat with ANYBODY! Well, maybe a little for my dog, ya'll can relate to that, can't ya? I figure I've earned it, and so has my faithful hound. Think I'll go fry up some sausage and eggs for me and her for a little bed time snack. Peace and God bless, Wolfsong  :grin:
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND MAY GOD HELP CALIFORNIA

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
Life just got better
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 05:54:35 AM »
Sounds like your luck runs about like mine does. My motto is: If anything bad is going to happen it will happen to me! I thank God for every day that goes by and nothing goes wrong. :eek:
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Life just got better
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 06:45:05 AM »
Learned a long time ago that: "if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all".

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline wolfsong

• Avid Poster
Life just got better
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 05:28:15 PM »
Quote from: Nightrain52
Sounds like your luck runs about like mine does. My motto is: If anything bad is going to happen it will happen to me! I thank God for every day that goes by and nothing goes wrong. :eek:
     You got it - I'm still alive and can bitch and moan about my miserable life, so really, what do I have to complain about? I truly am blessed with the grace of God, as demonstrated by the kind gesture and surprise given to me by my friend. And, man, is that elk tasty! It's the little, unexpected, unlooked for things in life that keep us alive and going. And I still have next week's bear hunt to look forward to, even if I have to take a Greyhound bus to get there. I wonder if they allow dead game on a bus? I've seen worse! :-) Peace and God bless, Wolfsong
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND MAY GOD HELP CALIFORNIA