Author Topic: Stainless Scopes  (Read 326 times)

Offline MarkM

• Trade Count: (0)
Stainless Scopes
« on: December 05, 2005, 10:32:18 AM »
How many of you put stainless scopes and mounts on a stainless barreled gun? Does that much stainless spook game? I am getting a stainless gun but was just going to put black matte mounts and a black matte scope on it.

Mark

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: Stainless Scopes
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 10:59:32 AM »
Quote from: MarkM
How many of you put stainless scopes and mounts on a stainless barreled gun? Does that much stainless spook game? I am getting a stainless gun but was just going to put black matte mounts and a black matte scope on it.

Mark

I only have one Stainless rifle with a stainless scope. All my other stainless rifles have matte black mounts and scopes. But no the stainless don't spook game in my opinion.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Stainless Scopes
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 12:25:27 PM »
I have silver scopes on all my stainless rifles.  I just like the looks of it better than a matte on a stainless gun.  I have not had any problems with the set up during rifle season.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Zachary

Stainless Scopes
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 02:15:33 PM »
Virtually all of my rifles are stainless but, interestingly, none of my scopes are stainless.  I do have stainless scope mounts though.

Most of my shots are around 100 yards and usually in a box blind.  As such, I seriously doubt if a deer is going to get spooked by it.  Perhaps if you are hunting in an open area and at very close range and the sun happens to hit the scope in such a way that it reflects the light right in its eyes.  Then again, if you are that close, then you didn't need a scope to begin with. :)

If you like stainless scopes, then you shouldn't hesitate in buying one. :grin:

Zachary