Author Topic: Will vent rib shotgun barrels be on accessory program?  (Read 320 times)

Offline rnoll

• Trade Count: (0)
Will vent rib shotgun barrels be on accessory program?
« on: December 02, 2005, 03:34:22 PM »
There on the topper deluxe classic but so far not part of the barrel accessory program. All H&R would say was call us Jan. 30. Anyone got any idea of how long it takes for a new barrel offering to show up on the program? :?

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
Will vent rib shotgun barrels be on accesso
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 04:39:20 PM »
A vent rib would be nice, but it would add extra money to the barrel.

If you put on a small 1/4" wide ramp instead of the bead that would work just as well as a vent rib. The ramp will point well without being too obvious. It keeps your eye on the bird.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Will vent rib shotgun barrels be on accesso
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 05:21:41 PM »
Post this over on the NEF/H&R Shotgun Forum, I'm pretty sure that some have already had those barrels in 12ga fitted to their frames, not sure about the 20ga though. Then again I could be wrong. :?
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Couger

• Trade Count: (77)
/
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 07:00:30 AM »
Few weeks ago I called and talked with the ladies at NEF in Gardner, MA and was told the TDC barrels are available to add to an SB1 or SB2 receiver.  When asking for the part# was told to just "describe" which barrel I wanted.  Price is $82 or $87 (would have to find my notes) plus the $15 fitting fee.  Of course if someone else has actually bought a TDC barrel through the barrel access. program would be more credible!   :wink: