Author Topic: Nikon BuckMaster or Leopold in A fixed 4x?  (Read 532 times)

Offline anthony passero

• Trade Count: (0)
Nikon BuckMaster or Leopold in A fixed 4x?
« on: December 13, 2005, 01:21:45 PM »
I need to buy a scope and I only liked fixed power scopes for big game hunting. I am using it for Eastern deer hunting on a 270. I got to compare the New Leopold to a Burris Fullfield and like the brightness of the Leopold over the larger field of view of the Burris. How does the Buckmaster compare? I can get one at a great price but will spend the extra 100 for the Leopold or a Nikon Monarch if the Buckmaster is not in the same ballpark.

Tight lines/ small groups to all!
                                                                                  Anthony

Offline Ahab

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 04:20:44 AM »
A little while ago I had the chance to compare the Nikon Monarch and the Leo in 6X. Fixed magnification scopes are hard to find around here. I ended up with the Nikon because it it gave me a brighter image and sight picture for hunting.
NRA Endowment
Arizona Bighorn Sheep Society member
Arizona Antelope Foundation member

Offline lostsniper308

• A Real Regular
  • old beaten up Martini-Henry .303 we found.
    • My Facebook account
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 06:28:16 AM »
Nikon, i have a Pro-staff 3-9x40 and its little angel. Also a friend with a 7mm i think has the Monarch UCC 2-7x32, he likes it just something bigger in X and obj mm.
B Co. 1-22Inf 1st BCT 4th Infantry Division
OIF 08-09 out of the army now

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 05:41:03 PM »
The Fixed Nikon Monarch should be less than a Fixed Leupold VX-III.  The new VX-IIIs are awesome (I have a 3.5x-10x-40mm version) and I love it.  It is expensive for it's class.  I can get a Monarch for about $150 cheaper and the Monarch is almost as good.

I own several Nikon Monarchs and I have been very happy with all of them.  However, if you don't mind spending the extra money, then get the leupold.

The Buckmaster will be the least expensive scope, but it still has very good optics.  I consider it the best value of the bunch.

Zachary