Author Topic: Scope Help for USH  (Read 443 times)

Offline rnoll

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope Help for USH
« on: December 07, 2005, 02:36:14 PM »
I need a scope for my 20 ga. USH. The best quality I can get for 50.00  to 75.00. Any help would be appreciated. :-)

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Scope Help for USH
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 04:34:35 AM »
You may be able to find a Bushnell Banner for that much.  That is about the lowest I would go...Single shot slug guns can be a bit rough on scopes.  I have a Bushnell Trophy 1.75-4x32 on my 12GA Ultra Slugger and I love it.  The Trophy scopes can be found for around $90.  This scope has held up to three seasons of abuse and never moved off of zero.  It is still dead on...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Paul Mohr

Scope Help for USH
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 03:56:09 PM »
I have the same scope as above and really like it, it's the second one I have owned actually. My advice would be to save the extra money and get that one or better. Mine was $99 at a gun store so I am sure they can be found cheaper. You might be able to get a get fixed power simmons shotgun scope in 2 or 4 power for 75 bucks though that would be pretty decent.

Something to consider with a scope is not ony whether it will take the abuse of a hard recoiling weapon, which most can now a days, but how good the optics are. Most shutgun hunting is done in pretty crappy weather, cold and wet. Cheaper scopes tend to fog up over time, or right off the batt because of poor build quality or lack of lens coatings. For a hunitng scope you want it to be clear and bright when you need it most. The trophies are some of the brightest scopes I have looked thru for that amount of money, especially the lower powered ones.

There is nothing like thinking you saved a few bucks on a scope only to whip your rifle up on the buck of a lifetime and have the sope fog over while you are aiming. I have had it happen, it sucks! This is another reason long eye relief scopes are nice, the lens is farther away from your eye which radiates heat and can fog a lens up.

Paul
AKA Psyco Smurf

Offline rnoll

Scope
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 05:35:14 PM »
:D Thank you gentleman for the replies I will probably go with the scope you suggest.