Author Topic: G2  (Read 1065 times)

Offline ras308

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
G2
« on: September 29, 2003, 06:31:28 AM »
Does anyone know where and if I can get a G2 youth buttstock???  Also need a fullsize buttstock for a G2.

Offline savageT

G2
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 07:12:21 AM »
What is a G2?  Can you be just a bit more descriptive on what it is you are talking about?

Jim
savageT........Have you hugged a '99 lately?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Offline ras308

• Avid Poster
G2
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 07:15:02 AM »
I'm sorry, used to posting on the other forums.  I'm talking about the Thompson Center G2 Contender.

Offline savageT

Re: G2
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 07:48:52 AM »
Quote from: ras308
I'm sorry, used to posting on the other forums.  I'm talking about the Thompson Center G2 Contender.

I guess the best advice would be sticking with the Contender Group for help or contacting T/C directly.  Looks like you may have to cut one down for youth reach and/or buy another to replace the original.
http://www.tcarms.com/contcarbine/stocksnforends.html

Jim
savageT........Have you hugged a '99 lately?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Offline ras308

• Avid Poster
?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 08:01:36 AM »
Well I've already asked most of them, so I figured I'd ask elsewhere.  I am interested in the youth section also, I have 2 five year old daughters, they love to shoot a BB gun with me.  I plan on buying one of the small .22 single shots for them for Christmas.  The reason I asked about the G2 stock is I am putting a 7mm TCU together for them one piece at a time and am unable to find a stock anywhere.  TC must not be making them yet???  Thanks.

Offline Couger

• Trade Count: (77)
www.gunstocksinc.com ......
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 12:07:09 PM »

Offline ilv2hnt

• deer in the headlight look
stock cutdown
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 12:58:37 AM »
Great to see you starting them with a light recoil roun like 7 tcu, but as for cutting a stock down, I would wait till they are ready to move up from the 22 before I done it.  They might grow pretty wuick and they might be able to use it at the normal length

If you do cut it off, take into consideration the recoil pad replacement, these help the kids handle the recoil tremendously(along with the adults), when you shorten it make sure the pad will still fit pretty close. :D