Author Topic: any of this valuable/collectible?  (Read 427 times)

Offline kevin.303

• Trade Count: (1)
any of this valuable/collectible?
« on: December 13, 2005, 06:39:46 PM »
i aquired a recently deceased relatives guns this weekend, as well as some accessories. nothing special about the guns, Cooey 39 & 60 and a Stevens 820b 12 guage. my uncle was at one time an enthusiastic duck hunter so i got some vintage accessories as well.

1. 2 full boxes of "Meteor" brand shotshells. No.6 lead heavy loads. this was the house brand for MacLeods hardware stores. any collector value or blast em off?

2. Outers shotgun cleaning kit. 3 peice screw together wooden clean rod, with all attachments and original box. price tag says "SIR sports Wpg. 95 cents"

3. very old "know your ducks" field guide published by sports afield. full color illustrations of various speices of waterfowl. price 5 cents ( to give you an idea of age)

4. two "Scotch" brand game calls in exc. condition in there original boxes.  both of the type you shake. one feeding mallard call and one injured rabbit coyote call.

is any of this worth much to a collector? i have no intention of selling, but am curious. i figure that this could make a neat vintage display or photo along with my Auto 5 and the Stevens
" oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. chasing after women while our ship was overhauled, living it up on grapefruit juice and sick bay alcohol"

Offline big medicine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
any of this valuable/collectible?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 01:49:54 AM »
It looks like all old stuff and I'm sure there is some collector value to it.