Author Topic: Problems with Tasco Scope  (Read 483 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Problems with Tasco Scope
« on: April 05, 2006, 07:22:35 AM »
Had a friend give me a TASCO 6X24X50 Target/Varmint scope.  Of well it was a birthday gift what can I say.  Put it on a 30-06 and got it sighted in.  After shooting a bit I went to take the turrent covers off to start work on dialing in for longer ranges.  The elevation calibrated dial came off.  I got an allen wrench to tighten it down and the set screws are rounded with no shoulder for the allen wrench to grip.  

I went to all the gun shopes in town, and all the hardware stores looking for replacement set screws.  No one has anything that small.  I called Tasco to attempt to ask them to send me two new screws.  They want me to send the scope back, send $10.00 shipping and handeling.  How rediculous.  They won't send me replacement screws, I even offered to pay for them.  No send the scope in!  How rediculous.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline lostsniper308

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • old beaten up Martini-Henry .303 we found.
    • My Facebook account
Problems with Tasco Scope
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 03:34:11 PM »
i got the 6-24x42 with mil-dot. mine are fine. is it a new scope? surf round the net some or the phone. otherwise just send it in. other than that is it good a scope?

i got a fouled BSA target that i can take the screws off of if i want.
B Co. 1-22Inf 1st BCT 4th Infantry Division
OIF 08-09 out of the army now

Offline skamaniac

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
??
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 02:14:04 AM »
For a measly $10.00 i'd send it in.  They will most likely go through the scope completly.