Author Topic: outdoor edge knifes  (Read 1249 times)

Offline tommyboy84

• Trade Count: (0)
outdoor edge knifes
« on: November 26, 2002, 03:35:12 PM »
Has any one ever used these knifes? If so how do you like them? do they hold their edge very long? I hate getting half way through gutting a deer and my knife go dule and then I have to (saw) through the rest of the way.

Offline Frog123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
outdoor edge knifes
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2002, 04:18:51 PM »
I've got three of 'em. An wedge, a mini wedge and a whitetail skinner. I like the whitetail skinner's gut hook feature. It makes opening the belly cavity quite easy and is the right size and shape to use to slice around the diaphragm and reach up into the chest cavity to sever the esophagus, trachea and great vessels. Customer service is nothing but excellent. I use the edge and mini edge camping and backpacking quite a bit. On a recent camping trip I damaged the kydex sheath. I contacted the store where I bought it. No luck. I contacted the customer service link on their website and explained what happened. Their representitive contacted me for further details, and an address. A week later I received a new sheath, lanyard and utility clip in the mail, no charge. Steel is of good quality, not too difficult to sharpen and holds an edge well. I think they make a decent product for the money.

Frog :D
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time....ES