Author Topic: Wishing for single digit temps  (Read 525 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Wishing for single digit temps
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:31:24 PM »
Would you guys believe I'm sitting here wishing for single digit temperatures?  It was 43 below this morning.  The weather man just said there is a chance for single digit temp for Saturday and Sunday.  Sounds good to me, it'll be warm enough to get out and do things like sight in my new guns.  I'm tired of this fifty below weather we've had for the last two weeks.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 04:36:04 PM »
Us humans are hard to please. I would like to see one Snow this winter, but I don't expect it. Yesterday it was about 70. I would like to see temps.
about half way between our's & your's for a couple of days.  :D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 12:46:16 AM »
I agree with nomosendero. We could use a freeze down here on the Gulf. It is to the point that I must either fertilize or loose some plants, I have already begun mowing again.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 09:49:27 AM »
I'm pretty happy with the weather we're having here in Laughlin, Nevada--nice and sunny and warm.  I'm swimming every day and enjoying the river.  Who the hell needs cold?  I say bring on global warming.
Swingem

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 09:57:35 AM »
Sourdough, Your living at the North Pole.......why would you expect any thing but this time of year?  Takes a hardy rugged individual to endure those temps.......not sure I'd be able to make it up there during the winter.....
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 02:57:37 PM »
:D Rain, snow, sleet...........I don't care, just as long as it is wet.  The range fires have really taken a toll on us because it is so dry.  It is so bad that when I went over to get a fishing license the other day they gave me a can of "Tick and Flea Powder", said if I throw any back to dust them first. :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Offline Swamp Fox

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 05:33:56 AM »
It seems your about 100 deg cooler than it's been here.
Maybe you need a picture of last weeks 55 deg day at the range...

It looked the same yesterday.
"We may not imagine how our lives could be more frustrating and complex—but Congress can." —Cullen Hightower

Offline NYH1

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 06:56:22 AM »
We got dumped on from early November to just about Christmas then it melted and hasn't really snowed to much at all since! The so called experts said we were going to get more lake effect snow this year then we usually get because the water temperature in Lake Ontario was warmer then it's been in 75 years. So far they have been completely wrong.....and that's good!!! :-D  :grin:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"