Author Topic: I need an update.  (Read 325 times)

Offline James B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
I need an update.
« on: January 03, 2006, 05:13:45 PM »
I have been gone a lot lately and have lost track of where NEF is at on the mechanical extractors and the new twist on the 223 barrels.

If they get a Prairie dog hunt going in MT. I will need a new 223 barrel. I am pretty close to the dog towns over there. I wonder when the new twist barrels will be ready and I didn't know if they all have the new extractor. Anyone know. Thanks a lot. I still have about one week of deer hunting left then I should be home for a while. Happy New Years. :grin:
shot placement is everything.

Offline cpj

• Avid Poster
I need an update.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 05:20:08 PM »
new ones are 1 in 9 twist, and they all come with extractors now. Hope that helps.

Offline bladerunner

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
I need an update.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 05:20:44 PM »
James,I ordered one a lil while before Christmas and it came with a 1:9 twist AND the extractor

you can call them after the 7th and see if they have any of the old ones left if you prefer those
Good shot placement + well constructed bullet = DEAD

Matt B.

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
I need an update.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 10:19:25 PM »
Thanks gentlemen. I guess I will send one in for a 223 and 30-30. :grin:
shot placement is everything.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
I need an update.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 02:53:23 AM »
James B., I would suggest if you send in for an addittional barrel you specify the twist you prefer and if you want and ejector OR extractor, there is no telling what they may have on hand at the factory and by specifying you will hopefully get the barrel style you want. Just because some here have received new guns with 1:9 twist and extractors does not mean your addittional barrel fitted at the factory will be that style, they may still have some of the original barrels on hand. It does not hurt to ask/specify....Good Luck....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley