Author Topic: reciaver ,s ?  (Read 271 times)

Offline moutainboy

• Trade Count: (0)
reciaver ,s ?
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:31:13 AM »
hi yall .  may be a dumb ? but what makes the difference in the receavers for the rifles in center fire.or are they all the same .ultra ,handi, cant realy figure the difference.other than stocks an sites. just tryin to learn what i want when i buy my first gun .about decided to go with 280 cal .any thoughts might  be good all around deer,yotee cal.
                                   ANY THOUGHTS WOULD HELP
                                      SORTA SLOW BUT SURE  :?

MOUTAINBOY THANKS YALL
:D lifes good live an let live

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
reciaver ,s ?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 01:53:32 AM »
Howdy Mountainboy - The only difference between the rifle (sb2) receivers is the amount of polishing done to them.  They spend a little more time polishing the Ultra receivers and give them a glossier finish than the Handi receivers.  Mechanically they are identical and parts are interchangable.

The .280 is a great caliber and seems to be one of the 'golden' calibers in the H&R/NEF line up with some of the best out of the box accuracy.    It will take any game on the North American continent.  It definately has a lot more punch than is necessary for 'yotes in available factory loads, but if you role your own you can tailor make a 'yote load easily enough.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC