Author Topic: Will Docter Red Dot Sight Fit JPOINT Mount?  (Read 1324 times)

Offline whitfang

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Will Docter Red Dot Sight Fit JPOINT Mount?
« on: June 26, 2005, 06:02:29 AM »
I have a Docter 3.5 moa red dot sight, but I do not have a mount for it.  Cabelas, Midsouth, Natchez, Basspro, OpticsPlanet, etc do not have Weaver-style mounts for Docter sights.  It seems that nobody has the mounts and do not know when they might get some.  It's been this way since January.

The JPoint sight looks exactly like the Docter sight.  Has JPoint taken over manufacturing and distribution for Docter?  Will JPoint mounts fit the Docter sight?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Encore / Mathews / Rem870 / Savage 10ML

Offline BoarHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 12:55:03 AM »
I own a Docter and I would be suprised the JPoint mount would fit. Docter is not JPoint, this later having been marketed by Tasco too.

It is a suprised they do not have the mounts ? May be you should try a different mount, one that is fit for your gun if possible ?

I personnaly made one myself to fit on a Win 94. In doing so I managed to get a lower mount than with a Weaver rail.

Offline whitfang

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Caulk?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 02:25:08 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

Ordered a Jpoint red dot sight with mount.  E. Arther Brown company in Minnesota (www.eabco.com) has Jpoint sight WITH choice of mount for $229.  Seems to be a nice sight.

You are correct that Docter and Jpoint are not related and their parts are not interchangeable.  One of these companies has done a good job of copying the other's red dot sight design, even offering the same accessories.

The Docter weaver mount would be nice because it could be moved from gun to gun, maybe even try it on a muzzleloading pistol.  STILL can't find any domestic US store that has the Docter mount in stock.

As for me fabricating gun parts, let's just say there is enough ugliness in the world already.  Duct tape, 2by4, caulk and nails would not make a very pretty mount.

Again, thanks for your help.
Encore / Mathews / Rem870 / Savage 10ML

Offline TPO

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 12:31:43 PM »
Try Natchez Shooters Supply. I believe they have doctor weaver bases in stock. I too have a baseless doctor sight. I have been told that bo-mar cut doctor bases for the 1911 are "not in production". It doesn't make sense. I wonder if they are having financial trouble.