Author Topic: Well, since deer season is over  (Read 426 times)

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Well, since deer season is over
« on: January 09, 2006, 12:21:05 AM »
In about 20 min. I'm headed out to the woods for some squirrelies. No luck this season on deer. I bought my 410 last year about this time and have yet to fire it.  :eek: I just hope that I see a few and I want to see how the 410 performs I 'll let yall know what happens this afternoon!
                                                               tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline ridgerunner835

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 02:38:28 AM »
man,that sounds good,i need to get out and do some squirrel and rabbit hunting myself,good luck and let know how it went :wink:

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 02:47:13 AM »
Tom,

Our deer season has been extended for the Soldiers redeploying to Fort Stewart. It now ends on the 30 Jan. 06. I plan on going this afternoon. I will be using my Tracker I with federal froster slugs. I hunt from a treestand, it's really thick here in this part of GA. I have tried for the squirrel but the kid willn't sit still for to long :)  Will update on the hunt for this afternoon!

No Deer This afternoon, maybe tomorrow afternoon! :)
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline TOMMYY01

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 01:20:10 PM »
I went to a spot where the squirrels are, but they moved their location . Had to do a little walking up a hill. I have been back there before, but not on the hill. I took my time, but wouldn't you know it I spooked 2 does. They blew, then I blew, and this went on for about 5 minutes. Needless to say, I messed up the squirrel hunting and yes I haven't fired a shot out of the shotgun yet! :x  But I did find some promising places to hunt deer. I just hope that they are around next or should I say this archery season. I'm going to take my gerber saw with me this weekend and trim up some shooting lanes for gun or bow. But first, I will get my squirrels. I just got back from Tn. last Sat. deer hunting on a friend of mine's place. Didn't see but one deer, but the reason is he has a dog problem. There's a small pack of them apparently running the deer. The last day I went out, I ended up taking care of 3. I was climbing down the tree with my stand and one jumped up and tried to bite the platform. That was it! Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. They have their place like bird, duck , geese and rabbit hunting, but that is it for me. Here in NC, you are allowed to hunt deer with dogs. To me, that is slob hunting. But that 's my  :money: worth!

tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly