Author Topic: Scope for 375 RUM  (Read 390 times)

Offline JDenis

• Trade Count: (10)
Scope for 375 RUM
« on: January 09, 2006, 05:21:53 AM »
I've been reading the forums here for while and decided to join, so I'm new at this and hope its posted in the right spot.
I recently received a Remington 700 xcr in the 375 RUM as a wedding present, and was wondering what you all thought we be a good scope for it. I've shot the rifle several times with just open sights and realize I need a lot of eye relief. I'm really looking at the leupold VX-II 2-7X32mm because of the eye relief. I also have researched the leupold VX-III 1.75-6X32mm, Burris 1.75-6x32mm Safari.
Do you think that the leupold VX-II would last on this rifle. It weighs slightly over 7 1/2lbs. and it does have some recoil. Also I'd like any information any of you guys have on the 375 RUM, I've researched it quite a bit but its still nice hearing from personal experience.

Offline killdeer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Scope for 375 RUM
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 05:26:24 PM »
JDennis,
welcome to GBO.
   I think you are on the right track with the leupies and they have the best warranty in the business. Scopes are easy.......hint  (Leupold vxiii)but I would go to big bores and ask about the best rings and bases for your setup.  Not many folks have first hand experience with a .375 RUM including myself but there are a couple guys here with them so I will let them chime in but I like the Rums in general.
   Yes I think the vxii would last but the vxiii has better lense coatings.
Congrats on a fine rifle, the XCR was my pick for a 300 Rum but manufacture had not begun yet so I bought a CDL.  Again, welcome and enjoy GBO. :D