Author Topic: Burris FFII on the way--now for the mounts  (Read 382 times)

Offline Lonestar.45

• Trade Count: (0)
Burris FFII on the way--now for the mounts
« on: January 27, 2006, 04:26:40 AM »
I've got a 3x9x40 Burris Fullfield II on the way.  It's going on a new Remington .270 ADL synthetic stock.

What kind of mounts would you guys use?  I'm thinking of taking off the iron sights as I don't think I'd ever use them (I've had a BDL for 18 years that I took the irons off the day I got it and don't regret it).
I've been looking at the Warne's, Burris Signature double dovetails, Talley one piece mounts....just not sure which way to go.  

I'd like to mount it myself, and I'd rather not have to lap the rings if I don't have to, that's why the Burris Signatures appealed to me, but I'm open to suggestions.  Thanks.
Hey Homie.....is that my briefcase?

Offline Cecil

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 07:25:55 AM »
Lonestar 45 I just bought Burris dd signature rings and base's I have never seen a better system. Don't think you can go wrong with them.
Cecil

Offline Zachary

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 07:36:58 AM »
Many people praise the signature rings.  I have used them on my .17HMR and can understand why - those synthetic inserts seem to be a nice feature.  I just wonder how long they can hold up to the elements.

I normally use Leupold Dual Dovetail rings.

Zachary

Offline june6th1944

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 08:11:26 AM »
I have a Burris Fullfield II on DD bases and Signature Rings w/ inserts--on a .30-06 Rem. ADL synthetic.  I wound up not needing the offset inserts that I bought.  You will not mar your scope finish or dent it when using those inserts.  Also, if your adjustments are way off on your scope they'll keep you looking down the center better before you make your adjustments, which is better for optimal clarity.

Check them out on the Burris website.

Good luck.