Author Topic: Rings and Mounts Help  (Read 456 times)

Offline Arick the Red

• Trade Count: (0)
Rings and Mounts Help
« on: January 04, 2006, 03:29:06 PM »
I've kinda been going at this in installments...If we shell anything more than $200 out a month on something that isn't a vehicle or a house, she gets nervous.  So I have a Stevens 25-06 for mostly coyotes and deer, and got an amazing deal on a brand new burris Fullfield II with the ballistic plex, now I just have to finish up by getting rings and mounts for the scope.  This will be my first rifle and the first rifle I've used where I've put all the work and money into it.  I'm looking for something strong, sturdy, and inexpensive.  I've seen weaver hardware but I heard that's aluminum.  I look at leupold mounts and rings but they're a little too expensive.  I think steel would be stronger.  I think I could find some steel mounts and rings for under $40???  I'm hoping....  Also, am I gonna need any other tools or items for proper installation.  Any ideas or leads will help.....

Thanks guys
:sniper: Whop!:sniper: Whop!    Dead Dog! :D

Offline whitedogone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Rings and Mounts Help
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 12:52:07 AM »
When I'm looking for a low cost ring setup I ussually go with Millets.  You can mount them without all the lapping stuff.

http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/scopebedding.html

WDO
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40
Savage 93 in 17HMR w/ Mueller APV 4.5-14
Winchester 94 mint Built in 1951
Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Mag

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

Offline Dave in WV

Rings and Mounts Help
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 03:01:44 AM »
I have Talley one piece light weight rings on my Rem 7600. They are aluminum but are strong and have no separate base. They are inexpensive but no a cheap product. Dave
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline Arick the Red

Rings and Mounts Help
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 06:56:27 AM »
thanks for the help..... I'll make sure to check those out.  Has anyone ever used b-square mounts and rings?  I went to the savage site and they had a list of companies that had mounts that would work.  Just curious if anyone has ever tried them out.....
:sniper: Whop!:sniper: Whop!    Dead Dog! :D

Offline gwindrider1

• Contributor
Cheap rings and bases?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »
This is one area where you truely get what you pay for.  "Beware of B-Square"; it's junk!