Author Topic: a weird question  (Read 453 times)

Offline unclecheech

• Trade Count: (0)
a weird question
« on: January 14, 2006, 04:54:55 AM »
I have a question that is not really about my Topper, but about my farm. I have been raising pigs, but am adding cows this year. I have never fenced in for cows, and was wondering if any of you all have. I have a 2 story hay barn with the ground floor set up for cattle. I need to fence the barn yard with electric wire (as I have a ton of wire and posts), and need to know how. I have been using page wire for the pigs, but will not hold cows, plus am adding an acre of pasture. any pics or ideas would be great. I have a side door entrance, and need to know how to connect the wire without blocking the entrance. Thanks for the help. :oops: I really wish I knew how, but was raised in Ft . Lauderdale, not rural Michigan.
"Yeah, tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."

Offline Critter

• Contributor
a weird question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 06:45:05 AM »
How the h@!! did you wind up in Wayland :shock: .  My Dad raises beef cattle in Clarksville and I've helped him put up a lot of fence.  15 paces between posts, first strand about 18 inches off the ground, second one at three foot, roughly knee and crotch height for me and him.  For over the door we nail insulators into the barn and then go up to the door, over and then back down again.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
a weird question
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 06:49:04 PM »
And please don't try and pee on the fence!!!!! :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
a weird question
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 05:59:25 AM »
Sure this relates to your Topper. I'm sure if your like me it will be leaning againts a tree or a post near where you're working. I had a buddy that had a couple young steers that used to get out of his electric fence on occassion and we'd chase  them all over the place trying to heard them back. The only thing I know about fencing is do it right unless your a cowboy.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun