Author Topic: Handi Trigger control.  (Read 201 times)

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
Handi Trigger control.
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:07:09 PM »
The way I fire a Handi is different from all my other rifles.
I had trouble too with the the trigger follow through on the Handi.

Try this. This is an old trick from my  pistol shooting and three position target shooting.

Instead of pulling the trigger with the front of your finger, curl your finger around the trigger at the first finger joint, there is very liittle meat at the joint, Your wrist moves slightly forward. You wont be able to stop your pull and follow through is almost automatic.

In this manner your pull is like closeing a fist. you push your thumb forward and your finger backwards by tightning up your hand.

But you have to conentrate on the hand position. I shoot a skeet gun the same way for an instant pull.

Once you do that for a while you will become concious of your trigger finger and where to put it. No trouble shooting tight groups that way.

And don't try any that free recoil stuff, its not designed for a Handi. Besides it is useless in field shooting.

Learn to get a repeatable grip with your hand in perfect position for your trigger finger. This is gospel in three position target shooting you never change your grip and your let off. Specially in timed and papid fire with a bolt gun. Double action pistol shooters will varify this procedure.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.