Author Topic: Having trouble with NEF customer service!  (Read 458 times)

Offline one$$shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Having trouble with NEF customer service!
« on: January 18, 2006, 03:27:30 PM »
When I got my new handi I could see that the back scope mount screw was cross threaded and not fully seated.  I asked that they not just re-tap it and put the screw in straight as I could do that myself without sending it in.

That is what they did.  I removed the scope rail and the back screw nearest the breech has all kinds of slop in it while the other two are perfect.  The service manager says it meets specs.  They refurbed it and I asked them not to do this.

Tomorrow I'm going to call Diane who said she would deal with this and try to find out why she did not.  I really like the gun, I'm not sure about the company.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 03:43:35 PM »
If you want to talk to someone that really know what's going on, ask for Gordon when you call, or save yourself some money and email them...

hr1871@hr1871.com

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline one$$shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 04:12:17 AM »
I just got off the phone with the factory.  They're going to help me out.  I hope to build a good rapport with these folks.  I love the gun and would like to feel the same way about the company.   :grin:

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 05:22:56 AM »
Hopefully you will...The good folks at NEF are good people,and will go out of their way to help in most case,even when it isn't their fault.

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...