Author Topic: Stuck casings HELP!!!!  (Read 393 times)

Offline pakrat846

• Trade Count: (0)
  • My Son and I
Stuck casings HELP!!!!
« on: January 19, 2006, 11:08:52 AM »
I have a Handi with a 223 bull barrel. When I first purchase this rifle the empty,s would fly over my head. Now after every shot the casing is stuck. I took the barrel off the rifle and put an empty cartridge in it and push down the ejector. It does not come in contact with the cartridge. Any answers??

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
Stuck casings HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 11:52:24 AM »
Call NEF (978 632-9393) and they will make it right.  My .30-06 developed the same problem and they had me send it in so they could fix it.

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline M-4 shooter

• Trade Count: (0)
Stuck casings HELP!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 04:13:49 AM »
Ha yes, problems with ejection, I've had those problems with every H&R I've ever had. Anyhow, you punch the pin that holds the extracter arm almost out (until it lets the arm go, it will still be in the hinge block it makes it alot easier to put back) then sand a couple .001s off each side, polish and put stronger spring in and reinstall and its fixed, good luck!
One shot, one kill

Offline Ranger J

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Stuck casings HELP!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 05:05:00 AM »
My bull barrel .223 also looks as if the extractor will not touch the cartridge when it is open, as does my .308 .  When the action is closed they do and everything is OK.  I did have a few cases stick in the .223 but this is usually easily fixed.  Clean and polish the chamber, make sure the chamber is dry and does not have oil in it after cleaning and if you reload make sure all lubricant is wiped of the cartridge.  My .223 doesn’t like to eject Wolf or other lacquered cases.  Try these things before sending back to NEF.  If these don’t work send it back.
RJ