Author Topic: Attention scope shoppers!  (Read 1695 times)

Offline lilabner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Attention scope shoppers!
« on: January 31, 2006, 08:22:03 AM »
If you are looking for a decent hunting scope of modest price, they are now closing out on the Bushnell 3200 3x9-40s with Rainguard. Price is $169 and if you buy one before the end of december, Bushnell will send you a nice day pack. I just ordered one. I've hunted with the 3200s and they are a good, sturdy scope with decent glass. Rainguard works - even in driving rain, the sight picture is good enough to make the shot.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Attention scope shoppers!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:08:23 AM »
Quote from: lilabner
If you are looking for a decent hunting scope of modest price, they are now closing out on the Bushnell 3200 3x9-40s with Rainguard.......

They who???
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 09:11:02 AM »
Who is closing out the 3200? Are you talking about the retailer you bought from?

I have been lookin at the 4200 elite, so are they closing them out tooooo??

Offline PEPAW

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 10:20:06 AM »
I got that price last year and it came with a very nice hunting bag.   If they are closing out this model because there is a better one, I can't wait to see it.   I love my Elite 3200.     Very bright compared to my other (mostly leupold) scopes.

pepaw

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 10:49:45 AM »
So what's the name of the retail outfit? THEY OPTICS???  :mrgreen:

Offline lilabner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 12:05:01 PM »
Two website retailers I know of with that price are Digital Foto Discount Club and Midway USA. I found the price at Digital a little while back. I just received the regular flyer from Midway USA and they are now offering the same 3200, the 3x9 with fast focus eyepiece, at the same price. I may be wrong about them closing out this model - it could be a coincidence. You can download the rebate coupon at Digital's website. The backpack rebate offer is from Bushnell and is good on any Bushnell with Rainguard, including binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes and laser rangefinders purchased by 12/31/06. Doesn't matter where you buy it. I like my 3200s and was looking for a scope for a rifle I just bought.

Offline marylandeer

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 04:12:16 AM »
:D No thanks, when I need a scope I go to Jon at theopticzone.com. It's hard to find a lower price than him. It's very hard to get great customer service these days. With the opticzone that's what you get and you get your scope quick. This price does beat him BUT only by $5.00. What the other guys are calling a closeout is $5.00 less than Jon's everyday low price. He has been offering this scope for a long time now at that price. He offered a nice bag with it for a long time but I think Bushnell stopped that promotion. Jon is always here to help us with our optics decisions and other things as well. To me it's worth a few bucks to support a place I like to freaquent and to know I'm dealing with someone I trust. That couple of dollars may be made up by cheaper shipping to you have to figure that in as well, something to check out.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 04:47:06 AM »
Quote from: marylandeer
:D No thanks, when I need a scope I go to Jon at theopticzone.com. It's hard to find a lower price than him. It's very hard to get great customer service these days. With the opticzone that's what you get and you get your scope quick. This price does beat him BUT only by $5.00. What the other guys are calling a closeout is $5.00 less than Jon's everyday low price. He has been offering this scope for a long time now at that price. He offered a nice bag with it for a long time but I think Bushnell stopped that promotion. Jon is always here to help us with our optics decisions and other things as well. To me it's worth a few bucks to support a place I like to freaquent and to know I'm dealing with someone I trust. That couple of dollars may be made up by cheaper shipping to you have to figure that in as well, something to check out.

Yep.....couldn't agree more.....I was wondering how long it would take someone to point this out!
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 06:11:00 AM »
To my knowledge, Bushnell is not discontinuing the Elite 3200 3-9x40's.  They are in the 2006 catalog according to our distributor. They are coming out with a new Ballistic reticle in the 3-9x40.  The one thing that I kind of get a kick out of some places is they have a sale on an item, but they don't have it in stock.  I went to Midway's and they have the 3-9x40 for $169.00, but they don't have any in stock.  Why have a sale?  Just curious on that one.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline hunt127588

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 06:51:57 AM »
Jon,
I have ordered from you, riflescopes.com and from Midway. One thing that causes me to order from Midway is the ability to see their inventory status online and if backordered, they give you a date when more inventory will come in....I like that...ALOT. As for riflescopes.com, I have purchased two scopes from them and am STILL waiting on my free Lumina covers from my Leupold MKIV purchase that I purchased back in Sept. '05. Now _that_ really pi$$es me off. I still haven't received a firm date as to when I can expect my Lumina covers. Midway doesn't perform these tactics and riflescopes.com lost me forever as a customer.

As for doing business with you, it too has been a pleasure. I ordered a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 scope from you last month and it was delivered when the lady on the phone stated. Not only that, but she worked with me on shipping terms....I'm a happy customer and likely a repeat customer. Therefore, what I'm saying is that if a store is willing to offer something on sale and back it up with a date (if unavailable), I'm game. However, customers don't like to be told something and then it's never acted on.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 10:09:26 AM »
:twisted:  :grin:
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

Offline lilabner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 01:25:42 PM »
Jon at the Optic zone:  You must give great service to have such loyal customers! Thank heaven there are still some service oriented businesses around. What about this backpack offer? Is it good everywhere that Bushnell is sold? Or does the vendor have to participate? The rebate coupon makes it look like it doesn't matter where the purchase is made.

Offline Grubbs

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 04:32:23 AM »
riflescopes.com is a dirty word around here for very good reasons.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 04:43:32 AM »
lilabner,

The backpack is an offer directly thru Bushnell.  So the offer is valid thru any retailer the sells the Bushnell products with rainguard.  This particular offer expired on December 31st, 2005.  So if you see an ad for the bag and you purchase the scope now, Bushnell will not send you the bag.  Typically Bushnell comes out with these offers every July 1st the last few years.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

Offline lilabner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 12:12:23 PM »
I'm looking at a copy of the Bushnell backpack offer as I write. I downloaded the coupon from Digital Foto's website. It says the offer is good for purchases made before 12/31/06 and backpack requests must be received by Bushnell no later than 1/31/07. It says you can qualify by purchasing any Bushnell binoc, riflescope , spotting scope or laser rangefinder with Rainguard. It says the backpack is a $129 value ( but doesn't say how they came up with that number). The pack does look good and has leather panels for reinforcement. Bushnell charges $10 for shipping and handling. Apparently, Bushnell runs these offers frequently. First time I ever heard of them, though.

Offline whitedogone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 02:52:20 PM »
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40
Savage 93 in 17HMR w/ Mueller APV 4.5-14
Winchester 94 mint Built in 1951
Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Mag

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 03:26:15 PM »
Wow, I guess I did not know they were running this one already.  I will need to get a hold of our distributor to find out what is going on.  Thanks for the heads up, guys.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

Offline whitedogone

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 05:45:31 AM »
Another heads up. If you look on the form there is no address! I guess they forgot to put the city and state on the form. I called Bushnell CS the city and state are:

Young America, MN

WDO

Offline Buckfever

• A Real Regular
Customer of the Optic Zone
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 06:00:35 AM »
I am a customer of Jon's and I have found his ability to answer in-depth questions about different products very important to me.  He is a credible source and really helped me make my decision on what type of scope, power, size, manufacture.  This is a big issue to me!  He is not a corporate sales guy!  He will get all my new business going forward!!
Buckfever

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 02:43:01 PM »
Tried going to the "link for the lazy" a couple of times and it always locked up my computer. Ran Spy-Bot yesterday and this "web rebate" came up as a problem. Can find nothing on the Bushnell site about this offer, so be careful. Just a heads up.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 03:02:09 PM »
Works fine for me! :wink:
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 12:45:02 AM »
It opened up fine for me the first time, than I could not open it up.  I also could not find any information on Bushnells website.  I will find out today what is going on.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

Offline whitedogone

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 01:56:32 AM »
Thanks Jon,  I had mine all ready to go in the mail this morning.  I guess I'll wait till I hear from you.  I thought it was a little weird that they didn't have any town or state on the form.  It mush be really new and hasn't been proofed yet. :shock:

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 05:25:10 AM »
Here is what I have found out.  The Bushnell promo is for real, but does not take into affect until May 2006.  What I was told is that any coupons that are sent in before this day will be rejected and sent back.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com