Author Topic: Summer is on the horizon  (Read 622 times)

Offline Cheyenne Ranger

• Trade Count: (0)
Summer is on the horizon
« on: March 10, 2006, 11:58:15 AM »
Looking like summer is not far off down here along the gulf coast.  Getting warm and muggy.  I a-thinking that winter is but a quick and fleeting memory.

Gotta dig out the straw hat soon.

CR
SASS 48747L
RO II
Thunder River Renegades
SBSS #1170--OGB

Offline howdy doody

• Contributor
Summer is on the horizon
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 09:40:18 AM »
Well, I can see by the calendar that you are correct sir, summer is not far off.
But............today I am sitting at home due to the W3G shoot being cancelled due to foul weather. That would include a drive through snow for me besides. I have to drive over the grapevine to get there and there has been a lot of snow up at the higher elevations. West coast storms the past few days have been a mixed blessing. Moisture that is needed and on the down side I have heard it about ruined the National Championships, Winter Range, in the Phoenix area. Too bad, but then again when it is August and 100+ degrees, no one will remember March weather.
It does give me a chance to get ahead on reloading chores though and that is about the best I can say of a day with no match.  :grin:
yer pard,
Howdy Doody

Darksider from Doodyville USA

Offline Cheyenne Ranger

Summer is on the horizon
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 11:38:08 AM »
I just got done loading 800 rounds of rifle and pistol plus tackling shotshells.  
Spent last two days casting 40# of lead into .45 Colt bullets.  As I type this just got done lubing all those bullets.  Been a fun 3 days here on the Gulf Coast.

This week-end we're supposed to "cowboy," but weatherman is calling for a bit of rain.  Way too early to start worrying if he's right.  Thursday night I'll take another look.

CR
SASS 48747L
RO II
Thunder River Renegades
SBSS #1170--OGB

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Summer is on the horizon
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 03:41:34 AM »
Winter may be a fleeting thought down in the gulf states ranger but up here it is snowin' and blowin' and I think we got a couple of inches of snow last night.  I'm hopin' this is Mother Nature's last gasp for the season.  The snow makes it reeally difficult to find spent brass on the range (lololol)................. Mikey.

Offline Lorelei Longshot

Summer is on the horizon
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 04:27:31 PM »
This past weekend was perfect shooting weather here in the Houston area, not too cold, not too hot.  Went and visited at Trailhead (Texas Historical Shooting Society out of Columbus, TX) as many of our friends were shooting there and some good vendors were also there.  I understand that Friday was a little cold and a bit windy, but Saturday was beautiful. :-D
SASS #44256 Life
ROII
Oakwood Outlaws, Texas Regulators,
Thunder River Renegades
NRA, Life
Girl Scouts of USA, Life