Author Topic: Date for live shoot Casper, WY  (Read 398 times)

Offline Dictator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Date for live shoot Casper, WY
« on: January 29, 2006, 05:14:52 AM »
The date is June 17-18. There is always a big rodeo in town that weekend so rooms are a little scarce sometimes. These guys really know how to shoot to.
 Hey Blaster Bob, you coming out again?

Offline Powder keg

• GBO Sponsor
  • GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 07:08:12 AM »
Hi, My wife and I are thinking of coming. I have a bowling ball mortar. What all do they let people shoot? Is it full sized cannons only?

Thanks, Wes
Wesley P.
"Powder Keg"
Custom Machine work done reasonable. I have a small machine shop and foundry. Please let me build your stuff. I just added Metal etching to my capabilities. I specialize in custom jobs.
"When the gun is lost, All is lost"

Offline Dictator

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 10:24:43 AM »
Wes,
 It would be good to meet you guys. My wife & I met Blaster Bob there last year. This is the contact info for the shoot coordinator:

Full Name:   Dan McClenahan
Last Name:   McClenahan
First Name:   Dan
Company:   Casper Cannon Club
Business Address:   8300 W. Big Sky Drive
Casper, Wyoming  82604
E-mail:   danmcclenahan@hotmail.com

There was all sizes last year, full scale & smaller guns. If my memory is right, there were about 10 or so mortar teams, mostly bowling ballers as the target is 1000 rds out. The smaller 4-6" round are hard to follow out at the far ranges. The bowling balls are easier to follow in flight & to see them impact on that hard, dry ground. The course of fire last year was 5 practice round in the morning & 5 for score in the afternoon in sequence down the line Saturday & Sunday. Most of the teams arrived on Friday pm to set up. There was all sized of cannons from 1' on up in several catagories from smooth bore through rifled small cal-large cal. Dan seemed to be a nice & helpfull sort. I asked him last year if it was ok to post this shoot on this forum and he was all for it. Remember in Casper that time of year it can be real hot. Last year it was around 100 all weekend. Bring sun screen, glasses, water, big hat & ear plugs. You saw all forms of attire from full uniform to most people in summer dress. Black wool is for the dedicated :wink:. There was also a powder vendor there last year with great prices on Goex, fuse & accessories. I have his info if you want to contact him.
 It will be my wifes & my 20th anniversary in June. What says I love you like the thunder of artillery :toast:  :devil2:

Joe