Author Topic: Winchester Super X 7mm-08 Ammo is Garbage! Load X708  (Read 667 times)

Offline tacshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
Winchester Super X 7mm-08 Ammo is Garbage! Load X708
« on: December 11, 2005, 05:53:30 AM »
I picked up a few boxes because they were CHEAP! $11.00 a box. I went to the range to sight in with them. After the first 2 shots I patched the barrel, and there was so much black sludge I could not believe what I was seeing. Fired a few more rounds and got the same results, along with much copper this time. I could not get groups to settle. All scope related hardware is in place tight. Stock is tight also. This went on four "FOUR" boxes of ammo. Today, I have been cleaning this barrel over, and over. I seem to have never ending crud, and copper????????????????? It did not do this with Remington Ammo. Any thoughts or comments? Rifle is a Stevens Model 200

Tacshooter :sniper:
NRA Life Member
NRA Practical Pistol Instructor
Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor
Proud Father of a Decorated Combat Soldier who fought in Iraq!
PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS IN IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN!

I CAN ONLY HIT WHAT I SEE IN MY CROSSHAIRS.... :sniper:

Offline De41mag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
Winchester Super X 7mm-08 Ammo is Garbage!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 05:42:49 PM »
tac;
I don't know about the crud, but I bought 5 boxes at a gun show for $10.00 a box and the stuff would not even group in my Rem or my Ruger.
Guess I just shoot them just to get the brass, but I really don't even care about Winchester brass. I like Remington.
Oh, by the way, I still have 3-1/2 boxes left.
Good Luck.

Dennis  :D

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Winchester Super X 7mm-08 Ammo is Garbage!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 06:29:11 PM »
I don't have a 7mm-08, but I have shot a lot of the Super-X ammo in my 30-06, 270, 243, 223, 30-30 and 12ga Slugs.
All have performed very well, especially the 270, and 30-06. I actually find most my rifles shoot all Winchester ammo better than all the Remington Core-Loks I have shot.
Sounds like a bad batch. I would call Winchester ammo and get a refund.
-Aaron