Author Topic: Lloyd Smale's bullets suck! (not really, check it out!)  (Read 774 times)

Offline Selmer

• Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Lloyd Smale's bullets suck! (not really, check it out!)
« on: March 18, 2003, 03:36:00 AM »
I worked out a trade with Lloyd for some linotype for his cast bullets about a month ago and I finally got around to shooting some of his bullets this weekend out of my new .454 Casull barrel on my Encore.  I can't believe how bad they were!  I used 11 gr. of Unique behind his 265 gr. PB Keith and they only grouped 1/2" at 50 yds. with 5 shots!  If I brought them into 25 yds. it was only 3/8", and at 75 it only shot about 3/4"!  I can't believe how poor the accuracy was on these bullets! :)  
j/k Lloyd, I figured I'd try to get a rise out of you this morning.  Your bullets worked great, very accurate as you can tell, I'll post some target pics from my next shooting session.  Very little leading and I think it was from faster H110 loads I used at the very end.  Thanks for some great bullets, I hope all the weights shoot just as well, and I wish I had some more of those 265's, that load was accurate as heck and a real pussycat.
I'm trying out the Lee 250gr. Keith's on Friday when I go out, I hope the accuracy is good on those bullets too.
Selmer
"Next to the glory of God, music deserves the highest praise"-Martin Luther
Any homo sapien with the proper chromosomes can be labeled a father, but it takes a man to be called "Daddy"-unknown

Offline flintman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Lloyd is a fine fella!'d be worried if you were even hinting
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 07:37:22 AM »
I know you are kidding.What kind of gun was it?Have you tried longer ranges-300,600 yards?Jeff.
John 3:16

Offline Selmer

• Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Lloyd Smale's bullets suck! (not really, ch
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 04:18:59 PM »
It's a TC Encore with a 12" barrel, I'm hoping for killing deer at 150 yds., I'll keep my reality in check, those ranges are for my .30-06!
Selmer
"Next to the glory of God, music deserves the highest praise"-Martin Luther
Any homo sapien with the proper chromosomes can be labeled a father, but it takes a man to be called "Daddy"-unknown