Author Topic: Binocular Suspenders???  (Read 313 times)

Offline NimrodRx

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Binocular Suspenders???
« on: February 02, 2006, 11:58:58 AM »
Any of you guys who do a lot of walking and glassing have a pair you either love or hate?  Looking for something to get the weight off my neck, keep the bins from swinging, and still provide quick and easy use of the glasses.  

Swarovski makes a “slide and flex” suspender that looks pretty good, but I wasn’t sure if I would like the tension on the straps while I’m looking through the glasses.  Also considering the “Bino-Manager.”  The bins actually sit behind a neoprene pouch when not in use.  Figured it might provide a little extra protection.  However, I think I would still have to use my lens caps, so maybe the pouch would just slow me down.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience?
"Make mine a double. Whether I'm ordering drinks or shotguns, it's always served me well!"  :toast:  :toast:

"It's been my experience that those who shoot most often, most often shoot well."  T. Roosevelt

Offline buckmaster_kp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Binocular Suspenders???
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 12:14:36 PM »
Go to walmart, spend the $15, and get the bino-system by crooked horn outfitters. You might even shop around online for 'em, but then you have to pay shipping.

I got a pair at the start of this past deer season and I will never carry binoculars w/o them again. Keeps them snug against your chest and out of the way. No interference with raising the rifle whatsoever.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Binocular Suspenders???
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 12:20:16 PM »
The Crooked Horn clones are great, I've been using them for several years, I consider them one of the best investments I've ever made, they make you forget you're even wearing binos!!

Bino Harness
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline corelokt308win

• Trade Count: (0)
Binocular Suspenders???
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »
Gotta agree.  The bino set-up that looks like the elastic from a "cross your heart' bra or something work great.
If life is a beach, why am I so crabby?