Author Topic: turkeys  (Read 428 times)

Offline czbuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
turkeys
« on: January 29, 2006, 03:26:03 PM »
:D getting close to turkey sesion lets see some picks of yalls guns.
it only takes one shot.if ya need more.go sight in your gun!!!

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
turkeys
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 03:59:25 PM »
Czbuff,

I don’t have pictures yet, but hopefully soon! I am getting ready. Tomorrow I’m ordering choke tubes from Trulock for my 20 gauge TDC. I know some maybe frowning about a 20 gauge for Turkey, but I think it will do the job. The chokes I’m ordering are Extra Full (.035) and Turkey (.045). I also had to order the cylinder choke tube for my rabbit hunting. This weekend I hope to pattern both of them. I will be using Winchester Supreme Double X 3” Magnum shells. I have both # 4 and #6 shot. I bought these about five years ago and they are pretty good shells.  Tonight I micro metered my other choke tubes that I have for the gun. The one from H&R was right on with .020 constrictions (Mod.) The Redhead one from Bass Pro Shop was pretty close to full with a constriction of .027. The one that kind of surprised me was the Briley Skeet choke. It measured .015 (Skeet #2, Light Mod.) I will pattern them also this weekend.

Take Care!
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
turkeys
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 03:17:09 PM »
Nothin' wrong with a 20ga for turkey as long as you stay within the limitations of the gun.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun