Author Topic: New Survivor 308  (Read 192 times)

Offline Gutshot

• Trade Count: (0)
New Survivor 308
« on: February 04, 2006, 10:54:31 AM »
OK Here it is as of today. The rain moved out and it is very nice spring like weather. Very little wind about 55 deg.

Picked up a box of 180 rem cor-loct and a box of rem 150 psp cor-loct. Maine Military Supply has buy one get one on Remington ammo there is little left.

Remember this is off of my tailgate sitting on a bucket.

Zeroed at 50 to 55 yards paced off with the 180grn grouped about 2 inches.

Fired the rest of the 180s and got about the same group size.

Moved on to the 150s and got one ragged hole about 3/4 inches. I was very shocked. I was prepared for a long break in period. About two more groups opened up a bit Because I didnt let the barrel cool. They opened up to about 1.5 then 2 inch. Decided the metel plate I have at 320 yards or so was looking like a possibility. It measures 8x12x3/8 inches nialed to a cedar fence post. I let it cool down and got the wheeler out. Fired one at it and missed (no bang) second shot I thought I heard somthing through the muffs but not sure. Third shot Definately was a hit bang. I jumped on the  wheeler and drove out. Sure enough a nice dent dead centerand a nick off of one side.Flew back on the wheeler and was hitting it about every other shot. I am very happy and I think its going to get better with some home rolled ammo. 150 grn seems to work well I will stick with those for now. Trigger is not as good as I thought but still not bad.I think it will break in nicely.

AL