Author Topic: Anyone from Tennessee?  (Read 605 times)

Offline outdoorman

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone from Tennessee?
« on: January 14, 2006, 09:26:58 AM »
I plan to get a few rural acres somewhere close enough to Georgia so I could get to it easily enough for a shtf situation as well as ' getting away from it all'.(Eastern/SouthEastern Tenn is geographically closer to Georgia) Since North Georgia has gotten too expensive I'm thinking Tennessee.  Anyone from Tenn. able to recommend areas/counties to look at for affordable acreage and meets my likes for woods, wildlife,fishing and hunting?

Offline mr.frosty

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Anyone from Tennessee?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 01:43:09 AM »
Just start in Georgia and head toward Virginia and Kentucky :D
Lot of good places, also pickup some local newspapers or other
property listings and see what they may have.
I live in the north eastern part of Tenn, If interested in this far up let me know.
" People should say what they mean and mean what they say. Life is too short to be lead down the wrong path."

Offline rockbilly

Anyone from Tennessee?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 03:16:18 AM »
:shock: I thought property here in Texas was high until I looked in Va. and Tn.  There is plenty available, and it is beautiful, but the prices are out of site.:wink:

Offline crashresidue

Anyone from Tennessee?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »
Cheers,

Just how far "from TN" do you want it to be?

I was born/raised in Knoxville and now live on Maui - that's about as far "from TN" as you can get.

I was back in that A/O about 5 years ago - on a BLM fire dispatch - from SoCal!  Can you believe that - it cost you tax-payers about $50,000 to fly each helicopter back, and there were 3 of us that completed that round trip.

Enjoy the mountains and the autumn colors - but you can keep the cold!

Gentle winds,
Russ
When all else fails, call for the gunships!

Offline outdoorman

Anyone from Tennessee?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 04:00:34 PM »
Mr. Frosty:
Glad to find someone in Eastern Tenn., I want to get up there one weekend to see how long it takes driving from Ga to NE Tn.
I've been to Telico and Gatlinburg before, and bought my bronco in Clarksville,Tn.  Guess thats as far north as I've been.  I guess I'm looking for areas have beautiful woods with plenty of hunting and fishing (outdoors stuff), are affordable and within a couple hours of the Georgia line.  Thanks if you can name a few places or have suggestions that can save me some time

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Anyone from Tennessee?
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 09:04:20 PM »
I was born and raised in Middle Tennessee, my folks still live just outside of Nashville.  They were from the hill country east of there near Carthridge.  The great benefit about Tennessee is there is no state income tax.  They do tax annuities and dividends thou so be careful.  The wife and I are looking at moving there in the not too distant future.  We are looking at the area around Oak Ridge.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline giturgun

• Avid Poster
  • Me land yacht
Tn
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 02:35:42 AM »
Gatlinburg  I was in G burg a few weeks ago, but it just takes me about 45 min to get there. Did you do the Cades cove loop ?   If you get there at opening time around 7 00 am there are asually all kinds of deer to look at. lots of time bears also.    Ilive in Kingsport , well not in town can't stand being crowded . actually live back in a hollow 1 way in 1 way out

I've been to Telico and Gatlinburg before, and bought my bronco in Clarksville,Tn. Guess thats as far north as I've been. I guess I'm looking for areas have beautiful woods with plenty of hunting and fishing

Offline Feldhege

• Avid Poster
    • Universal Sight
Anyone from Tennessee?
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 02:42:51 AM »
I live in Pigeon Forge TN. Been down here for about 13 years. Moved down here from Minnesota.

Robb
If your best was good enough today....
It won't be tomorrow.

Offline outdoorman

Anyone from Tennessee?
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 01:26:03 PM »
I hope to get up to tennesse in the near future for a drive around.  Will start in the south border close to Georgia and begin driving northward.
When I think of getting a few acres, I make a wish list for:

Relatively cheap (hoping for $1000-$2,000/ac )
  Rural area
  Prefer public fishing, hunting and recreational lands nearby
  Wooded acreage,  private
  Not too far from a highway, good access to essential services
  Close enough (by driving) to Georgia to make weekend visits easy
  Unrestricted so I can put up small cabin or trailer in the beginning
   and finally don't want to see dump-junkyard residences surrounding the property.

Offline giturgun

• Avid Poster
  • Me land yacht
tenn
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 02:39:17 AM »
Hey feldhege  you ever shoot at the Gatlinburge sportsman's club.  I was there in about 1982 or 3  they were just starting to shoot IHMSA and I went down to shoot in the state shootoff , took class b I  think that's right , it was with a borrowed Dan Wesson 8 inch .22 . Was wondering if Mike ? was still around, He was bit by a copperhead while resetting targets one weekend.