Author Topic: redfield tracker broken how much 2 fix?  (Read 479 times)

Offline jbtazgrabber

• Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
redfield tracker broken how much 2 fix?
« on: January 31, 2006, 03:37:15 AM »
have a 2 x7 redfield tracker with broken crosshairs.called a place 50 miles from my house and want me to send it to them ,to fix for  53.00$ but it will be 6 months,and i cant drop it off i have to send it to them ..........anyone tell me a better  $$faster deal....jb

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 06:10:11 AM »
Call Redfield and ask em!!

http://redfieldoptics.com/dealers.htm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 01:25:15 PM »
I've never been a fan of Redfield but the Sportsman's Guide had some Trackers for around $99.  I think they are imported from China. If I was bent on getting a Tracker, I would just buy new one of the old stock.  By the time you add shipping, you'll have close to that in it.   I've heard that the warranties on the old scopes are no longer being honored though. The new Redfields are over priced in my opinion and are not worth the money. If the scope has sentimental value, then maybe fixing it would be worth it.

Offline jbtazgrabber

• A Real Regular
kk
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 05:48:45 PM »
no i just bought it .....thought it would be good 4 my huntsman........didnt think it would be 53 bucks to put in a set of cross hairs and reseal it......i got simmons on all my others so ill pobably stick with them......jb...opps yes i called and they sent me to the place that wants 53 bucks and 6 months....jb

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 05:37:55 AM »
That's the thing about Redfield, Simmons, their warranties maybe no good.  I wonder if the old Simmons scopes are warrantied?  I can't understand how Meade can expect to sell the new Redfield for so much but not honor the old warranties. I think if they are not going to honor the old Redfield and Simmons warranties, they should change the name of the scopes all together.  I don't think it's worth it.  Use the money to buy a scope with a decent warranty.  For about $20 more you can buy a brand new scope.  The Bushnell Banner is one of the best scopes I've seen for the money and beats many higher priced scopes.

Offline jbtazgrabber

• A Real Regular
kk
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 03:37:56 PM »
i got simmons on the rest so ill buy simmons over a bushy just think simmons is clearer just my opion.......yes a warrenty would be good.......jb