Author Topic: Tale of two Leupolds  (Read 449 times)

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
Tale of two Leupolds
« on: February 08, 2006, 06:13:24 AM »
I took the late Lawdog's advice and bought two M84X Leupolds off of Ebay. I got them for around 100 dollars.  I mounted them on a 270 and a 308, boresighted and yesterday went to the range. I shot the 308 first, this was an older version that did not have the click adjustments. This caused no problems and I quickly got my bullet impact 1 inch high at 100 yards, The scope I mounted on my 270 must be a bit newer as it has click adjustments. The first shot was exactly 1/2 inch to the right and 1 inch high. When I went to adjust it I almost couldn't turn the dial with a cartridge case rim and finally got a click which I wasn't expecting after the first scope. Both scopes are clear and I was able to get groups that the rifles are normally capable of. The one on the 308 has a purple hue over the rear 2/3rd of the scope but since it works fine and is on a camoued rifle I don't think I'll send it in for that. Anyone have any idea when Leupold started putting the click adjustments in the M94X linr?
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.