Author Topic: Tell Your Story  (Read 578 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Tell Your Story
« on: October 25, 2005, 02:44:12 PM »
After reading the thread “Montana Muley” and what Nonya and Graybeard had to say about hunting “partner’s” they have had it got me wondering how many stories are out there about bum “hunting partners” you have had.

The one that comes to the forefront of my mind is the guy that was introduced to me as an hunter of “great experienced” by a fellow officer.  I took the guy out deer hunting with me and on the third day we spotted a really nice 4x4 Mule Deer on a hillside about 225 yards away.  This guy had filled his tag the day before so the shot was mine.  Took a solid rest over a rock and picked up the buck in my scope.  I was applying pressure to the trigger when all of a sudden the scope turned into an orange blur.  The guy had stepped right between me and the buck to get a better view.  The barrel was pointed at the dead center of his back.  Didn’t get that buck as I was too busy telling the guy what I thought of him and explaining that I hated to fill out accident reports.  I told the officer that had introduced us what happened and told him to keep his hunting buddies to himself in the future.  So what's your story?   :toast:   Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline gwindrider1

• Contributor
Tell Your Story
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 01:03:16 PM »
Lawdog,

Don't imagine that clown gets invited to hunting a second time.  Hope that you reamed him a new one! :wink:

Offline AzDrifter

Tell Your Story
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 02:04:24 PM »
I was out bear hunting with a buddy one time, and he got ahead of me a little.  When I finally caught up with him, I asked him what he was doing?

As he fingered through something, he said he was trying to figure out what the bear who left it there had eaten.

Then I said, "That must be a pretty clean bear!"

Then when he asked why I said that, I pointed to the old deteriorated TP that was nearby, and said "Well, he wiped his butt with toilet paper!"

He and I had a lot of laughs with/at each other over the years, but that had to be one of the best ones!

Daryl