Author Topic: Whining Rookie  (Read 458 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Whining Rookie
« on: February 15, 2006, 06:15:15 AM »
The Yukon Quest, the toughest sled dog race in the world started Saturday in Fairbanks.  Monday night some of the racers got lost in whiteout conditions.  When the wind and snow cut visibility to a few feet, some of the mushers just hunkered down to wait it out.  When they did not show up at the check point after a reasonable time the race officials scratched them from the race and implimentated a search.  The mushers were found stranded on the top of eagle summit.  The mushers and their dogs had to be rescued by chopper and taken to the check point at mile 101 of the race course.  One young woman had to be taken to Fairbanks Memorial Hosp due to frostbite.  The other young woman that had to be rescued keeps complaining that the race officials should not have let them go out under those conditions.  Yet 13 other mushers made it over eagle summit, through the blizzard,  and continued with the race.  

My openion:  If you can't run with the big dogs, stay home.  I don't think Libby Riddle, Mary shields, or Susan Butcher would have complained like that.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline marylandeer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Whining Rookie
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 07:42:13 AM »
Ha, Ha you gotta love it. "When you’re messing with the best, you better be at your best, if you want to keep up with the rest."
I guess they weren't very prepared were they. Just like you said if 13 others made it they have nothing to wine about except for not cutting the mustard. They are doing now exactly what they should have done in the first place. Sitting home watching the professional Olympians on T.V. just like me. I do however give them a 2.1 for effort.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
Whining Rookie
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 08:55:27 AM »
**** Happens! You said it Sourdough. I bet next year they will be more prepared if they try it again. :?
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Shorty

Whining Rookie
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 02:13:51 PM »
"Should not have let them go out"?
This was not a voluntary action? :roll: