Author Topic: help me with what barrel to get next  (Read 551 times)

Offline rc51kid

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
help me with what barrel to get next
« on: February 23, 2006, 02:58:15 AM »
eed some input about which barrels to get.  I am sending my frame to H&R to get a .308 sporter barrel.  I plan on using this for hunting white tail in the south east .  My only other barrel is a muzzle loader barrel.  So I will have the 308 for rifle season and the muzzle loader of muzzle loader season.   Then I was thinking since it would be there was there any other barrels I need?  I thought about 223 for smaller game, then I thought 357 would be fun for deer in brush.  Then I also thought about 44 mag just because.  But I really don’t need either of them.  308 will work better than 357 on deer and I have a AR if I really want to shoot 223 (although I would need to swap the EOTech for scope).  I have a nice sporterized SKS if I need a brush gun.  I live in the south east so 308 should have all the rang I need.  What do you think?  Is there another barrel I really need or should get just because it is a must have?  I mean while it is there I can get any of the hard to find barrels that never seam to appear on the used market.  Just tell me what you think.