Author Topic: Winchester 2006 catalog  (Read 686 times)

Offline jrkrk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Winchester 2006 catalog
« on: February 19, 2006, 05:30:05 PM »
Hey  guys are we sure they are really closing go to the winchester firearms website and download the 2006 catalog. By looking at the website and the catalog it certainly doesn't look like there closing any time soon. :grin:

Offline msorenso

• A Real Regular
Winchester 2006 catalog
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 02:38:37 AM »
You are correct a person would never really know it by the looks of the website.. Though I did notice they took certain models off the front page and put them on another...  I guess at this point they are going to quit production in March.. After that who knows??  Some say over seas production, when I called Winchester they said they are going to stop production of the 1300, model 94 and model 70.. But still make the auto shotgun, rifle, and overunder shotgun.. I also noticed they just came out with a 22 rimfire bolt called the wildcat... Also when I called them they said that they were not going to make these models overseas..  I didn't even have to ask they gave me that info up front..  But anything is subject to change besides they are looking to unload all of what they have in inventory so why would they admit that even if they do plan the do production over seas??  Hopefully some one will buy them, but even if they do it will be sticky, we have a licence agreement running out soon a factory for sale from a different company and anther compnay that who knows what they want to do with the name..  I notice Ithaca cam back so maybe winchester too??  Someone on here has to know something??? :D
LIVE FREE OR DIE

Offline msorenso

• A Real Regular
Winchester 2006 catalog
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 04:16:40 AM »
Conn. Winchester Rifle plant to close
Wednesday January 18, 2:37 pm ET

U.S. Repeating Arms Co. Inc. announced late Tuesday it will close its New Haven, Conn., Winchester firearm factory, leaving the future of the legendary Winchester name in question.
Clayton, Mo.-based Olin Corp., which owns the Winchester brand name, sold the plant in the late 1970s to U.S. Repeating Arms, along with the right to use the Winchester name until 2007. Olin's Winchester subsidiary is based in East Alton, Ill.

ADVERTISEMENT

With regard to the Winchester brand name licensing agreement, an Olin spokesperson told the St. Louis Business Journal no decision has been made. The spokesperson said the company finds the closing "unfortunate" and said Olin "has an interest in having a firearm made available to consumers that carries the Winchester name."

The Winchester rifle was once called "The gun that won the west" and was carried by such notables as President Theodore Roosevelt, who used the 1895 model on his 1909 African safari, and John Wayne, who made the Winchester rifle a signature in his movies.

"It's part of who we are as a nation, just like it's part of who we are as a city," New Haven, Conn., Mayor John DeStefano said of the Winchester name in a release.

The plant, which opened in 1866, produced the bulk of the rifles between the late 1800s and the end of World War II, according to a release.

U.S. Repeating Arms, which is owned by the Herstal Group, a Belgian company, has said for years that it was on the brink of closing the plant.

Olin Corp. (NYSE: OLN - News) manufactures metals, chemical products and ammunition products under the Winchester brand.

Published January 18, 2006 by the St. Louis Business Journal
LIVE FREE OR DIE