Author Topic: Dome Mountain Outfitters??  (Read 1374 times)

Offline helobill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Dome Mountain Outfitters??
« on: August 21, 2003, 07:46:30 AM »
I've got a chance to join an Elk hunt scheduled for Nov-Dec 2004 with these guys. Did all the research I could think of from their web site, the Montana state web sites (not much help there), and through NAHC. Thought I'd ask the question if anyone has ever used them or heard of someone that did. They sound great, very friendly on the phone, but I'd like some personal experience if it's out there. 15 months to go and I'm already looking forward to my first Elk hunt!
Bill

Offline Jim n Iowa

• A Real Regular
elk hunt
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 02:59:39 PM »
Bill
Share a little info, how did you find them, web site? I would be willing to try a elk hunt as most of my hunting partners are playing pitch at the tavern or pushing up daisey's.
Jim

Offline helobill

• Contributor
Dome Mountain Outfitters??
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 07:57:55 AM »
A friend who went Elk hunting last year in another state, found them on the net. They had a camp for 4 and he invited me along. I called the Montana Outfitter license office and they were able to give me some info (how long he's had his license, any violations, any fines, etc). Talked to the owner a couple times now and he seems pretty good. Of course he has all sorts of glowing reports on his web site from satisfied hunters. I'm looking for the guy that wasn't happy and haven't found him yet. So I guess that's a good thing. The hunts not until next November (2004) so I've got time. I'll post the outcome.
Bill