Author Topic: Help please; question about divorce , law firms etc....  (Read 258 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Help please; question about divorce , law firms etc....
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:40:34 PM »
While my wife and I are due to celebrate 50 yrs of marriage this summer, my question is for info for my son.

His wife divorced him about 16-17 years ago. She has been recently come up with some very expensive, unreasonable demands that seemingly violate the original agreement that botrh parties signed  back so many years ago.

My son has been paying XX dollars per month to be part of a group that is supposed to get legal representation when they need it !

When this demand came to him, for the first time he applied for legal assistance and experienced the following:

1) He was told that no member attorneys nearby were able to take on his case.

2) Just to talk to a member attorney, he had to travel to a city 60 miles away.

3) From what he told me about his meeting, that young attorney almost immediately started casting his case in a very negative light..saying it was hopeless to even try to defend against the unreasonable claims..

I am under the distinct impression that he was poorly served and that the attorney simply "blew him off" ..with no intention of helping him !

Am I wrong ? Are these "pay by the month " legal services legitimate ?

Have you had any experience with such services ?

Should he try another lawyer ?

Need answers..... Ironglow
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)