Author Topic: Pardner Turkey Shotgun  (Read 861 times)

Offline FX4 10-8

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardner Turkey Shotgun
« on: February 16, 2006, 08:09:22 AM »
I was thinking of purchasing a NEF Pardner Turkey Shotgun. I looking at the one with the 3 ½ inch chamber and the extra full choke. What do you all think?

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Pardner Turkey Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 11:03:27 AM »
EXCELLENT CHOICE!!
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Bugtussle

Pardner Turkey Shotgun
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 11:18:22 AM »
I got one last year & killed two birds w/two shots.  I just use 3" shells though.   Those 3 1/2" kick like a SOB :eek:

Offline navyredneck

• Trade Count: (1)
Pardner Turkey Shotgun
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 05:36:58 AM »
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe the NEF Pardner Turkey is made in the USA.

I have decided to do my best to buy american.  I would get the NEF Turkey but I really want a pump.  Since the NEF Pardner pumps are made overseas that leads me to the Mossberg 835 or Remington 870.  

Right now I am leaning towards the Mossberg 835, 12 guage 20 inch barrel Grand Slam.  It does not have the ported barrel which I think is a big plus.

Offline Odinbreaker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
custom deluxe
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 08:25:44 AM »
Just ordered a custom deluxe 12 go barrel with vent rib for my handi.  I hope to use this for turkey i april.
Working hard to go Broke!

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
Re: Pardner Turkey Shotgun
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »
Quote from: FX4 10-8
I was thinking of purchasing a NEF Pardner Turkey Shotgun. I looking at the one with the 3½" inch chamber and the extra full choke. What do you all think?

FWIW here is my experience & $.02 of advice: 98.9% of the time turkey hunting is a single-shot sport. The gun is light, fast, & maneuverable. Bear in mind however that shooting a 12ga 3½" Mag with 2¼oz of shot in a NEF Pardner will be a BRUTAL, PAINFUL EXPERIENCE. I did it ONCE; AND ONLY ONCE, AND I WILL NEVER, EVER, DO IT AGAIN!

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Pardner Turkey Shotgun
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 01:28:06 AM »
I can't speak to the recoil of a 3 1/2 shell, but you did mirror my thoughts on the "One Shot" thing.  The way those buggers move, once the first shot is fired you ain't gonna get another shot, most of the time!  If you're goin' for an accessory barrel, the TDC 12 or 20 is the way to go...and you could always add on the HI-VIZ clamp on sights for turkey huntin'.

Just my $.02
Cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Meatball

Pardner Turkey Shotgun
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 04:52:59 AM »
I purchased a used Pardner Turkey about 10 years ago for $70. I was kind of skeptical at first as I didn't care for the straight stock. Mine is also full cammo but only has a 3 inch chamber. I can honsetly say I have done a complete turn around. I love my little turkey gun. It is now the only thing that I carry for turkey. The pattern is excellent but the recoil can be quite a pounding with 3 inch mags while sitting up against a tree. I deffinately wouldn't want to shoot a 3.5 out of it. I have never lost a bird with it including a vary large gobbler taken at 52 paces a couple of years ago. I average 2 birds a years with it and even 3 a couple of years. With some practice you can even get good enough to fire and reload almost as fast as a pump. I started practicing with very light loads and worked my way up too the 3 inchers and was even able to take 2 birds with 2 rapid shots last year. However that is the 1 and only time that I ever used a second shot while turkey hunting. As for the recoil, as stated earlier it can be brutal. My brother attempted to shoot it one day and after 2 shots and landing on his rear both times he gave it back to me and has never touched it again. But please don't let the recoil spook you. After shooting it for a while and with the proper grip and position I was able to get used to it and I suspect you will too. Also remember that with the excitement of getting that turkey it won't really be noticed in the woods.

Now that I'm done rambling on what do I think? I think that you will be very pleased with a pardner. It is a very affordable little gun that is light weight, easy handling and extremely reliable. I know that I will never give up mine or use anything else for turkey.

Offline FX4 10-8

Pardner Turkey Shotgun
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 03:14:25 PM »
Sounds good to me!! I am ordering one this week. Thanks everyone