Author Topic: Looking at .223 cans - any favorites?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline redial

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Looking at .223 cans - any favorites?
« on: May 23, 2003, 04:33:08 PM »
This one's going on .223 boltguns used for pest control, so full-auto capability, compactness and light weight aren't as big a consideration as noise moderation. I prefer the screw-ons rather that those with "couplers" or those that overlap the barrel aft of the muzzle.

Anyone have a favorite?

Thanks

Redial

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 03:37:40 AM »
I'm a big fan of Mark White's designs at Sound Technologies. Especially his ones that telescope over the barrel so they are rigidly supported and threaded left hand so they don't loosen. The URL is www.soundtechsilencers.com. He does first class work at a reasonable price.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline redial

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 05:23:36 PM »
Thank you sir! I've heard his stuff described in glowing terms as well. Gotta like a guy who puts pretty girls on his site, too!

Which of his cans do you have experience with? Ever used one?

Ya know, if I start getting all the paperwork in line now, the can and the muzzles oughta be ready by next Spring's Gopher Raviolli Splat-Fest!

Woo-hoo!

Redial

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2003, 03:00:47 PM »
I have heard one of his .223 cans in action, pretty much removed the muzzle blast, but the sonic crack is still loud enough to want to wear ear plugs. Kind of like a small firecracker, if you were 50 feet away it was no big deal at all. The one of his I shot was on a Ruger 77/44 bolt gun. Now that was impressive with 300gr. loads going subsonic. Click, hiss of the bullet flying, Thump! when it hit. Cloverleaf groups at 100 yds as well. Very neat!
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline Slim Chance

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 08:25:35 AM »
I have 2 of his cans. An "M" can on my Ruger MKII and a permanent can on a 10" Contender barrel in 10mm. The TC is set up as a carbine. Both work very well.